Questions about 8.1

I thought that the only difference between 8 and 8.1 was in the facial area. If that be the case, who do poses and clothing for 8 do not work properly for 8.1?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,712
    edited April 20

I have never seen G8 poses and clothing not working on G8.1.

The opposite, i.e G8.1 clothes and poses not working on G8, can be the case if the item has G8.1 as comptability base. (It can then be edited so it will work).

Edit: expressions for G8.1 is a special case. They will not work unless you remove some dummy files.

Post edited by felis on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028

Hierarchical poses saved for Genesis 8.1 will not work on Genesis 8, since it looks for the base node to be Genesis 8.1. BUT poses saved for Genesis 8 will work on Genesis 8.1.

As to the clothing, I haven't come across any for 8.1 that doesn't work on Genesis 8. The exception would be clothing that involves some type of geoshell, perhaps.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,038

felis said:

The opposite, i.e G8.1 clothes and poses not working on G8, can be the case if the item has G8.1 as comptability base. (It can then be edited so it will work).

Edit: expressions for G8.1 is a special case. They will not work unless you remove some dummy files.

When I try to put 8 clothes on 8.1, I get warning messages and the saved file explodes to a dozen times normal size.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,712
    edited April 20

Drogo Nazhur said:

felis said:

When I try to put 8 clothes on 8.1, I get warning messages and the saved file explodes to a dozen times normal size.

Sounds like you are getting an autofit dialogue. But that should not happen as G8.1 has build in comptability with G8.

Which version of DS? And an example of clothing and character where that happens? 

And what does your log say?

Post edited by felis on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,653

It also depends on what version of DS you are using. You have to be on v4.15 or higher for 8 stuff to work correctly on 8.1.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,038

I'm running the current version of DAZ and yes, I'm getting auto fits wit clothing and hair. I thought that the only difference was the face and I could use 8 stuff on 8.1

I understand that using 8.1 stuff on 8 could be a problem but I thought the other way around was fine.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,085

Try reinstaling the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials - it may be that something has changed the metadata and so broken the linkages.