dim does not install itself at all. Doesn't work

daz content installer will not exe upon clicking. will not install on vista. tried 32 and 64 bit versions, nothing. rotating wheel upon first click for approx. 10 secs then nothing. opening as administrator does not help either. Help! Advanced computer programmer/user stumped!

Comments

• DIM doesn't have a 64 bit version, since it doesn't handle large blocks of data at once. Exactly which file are you trying to run?

• Hi. I'm trying to run DAZ3DIM_1.1.0.41_Win32. Clicking on it produces the spinning icon for 10 seconds and that's it. Extracting the exe file into folder give meseveral files and a folder. The main file is named [0] and has a 0 type extension. I gave it a exe extension and now the cmd window pops up for half a second then disappears. It's approx 28 mb. I've re=downloaded the file several times and the file is identical every time. Compatability issue with Vista? Thanks. 

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

Between W7 [which like Vista guards the Program Folder] and the AV, the last time I installed a DIM, it had to be via manual download and manually run as Admin.

• Hi. No difference manually running as admin. Thanks.

• Shot in the dark, but have you looked at installing PostGRE first? I'm pretty sure there's some documentation on this elsewhere in the forums.

AND... if you're really desperate, you could try installing the 4.9 BETA and see if (somehow) that gets the DIM to run correctly.

Sorry for not being of more help -- best of luck.

• Thank-you for the advice mmitchell. The 4.9 beta version (daz studio) can only be downloaded and installed using the DIM program. I'll look into PostGRE and will report back. Thanx.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Delete the installer as you may have gotten a bad download then re-download.  Be logged in as adminstrator and right-click on the .exe to install as adminstrator.  Try installing anywhere other than Program Files folders.

• Thank-you jestmart. I've re-downloaded a dozen times. I'll delete all of them and try again. I tried mitchell's advice but Postgre doesn't install at all.