- - Spyro's Render Thread and Projects - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Cheers Melanie! Have a great day :)

edited December 1969

New Hairstyle I did. (Coincidently, also a new character for my cast)

GHair_Renders_Working_Boy06.png
    925 x 925 - 901K
    edited January 2013

Spyro Upgrade.

I've been playing with his genetics, I gathered new Reference photos, and revisited his original design inspiration photos of an old school friend of mine, then weighed it up against his character profile and design requirements. The last version was a bit exaggerated, and had closer features of Asian linage, but was also a heavy mix of several cultures, I think it was all a little too comic. - I've steered him more towards Islander/African American perhaps some hints of Native American in there. I think it's improved his realism, he seems more believable.

I refined his Garibaldi Hair, as I constantly do lol, but he's now using M5 UV's and has an improved custom texture set and revised Surfacing Parameters. He also uses Garibaldi Hair eyebrows.

Spyro_Upgrade_Comp2.png
    1850 x 925 - 2M
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited January 2013

Something different. I've been wanting to show her off for a while... But I could never find the right hairstyle for what I wanted. She's part of Project Bloodline (Novel) she's a woman of many looks, deceivingly beautiful, not one to follow social standards, borderline psychotic and somewhat sinister.

Yes, she's a bad girl... I wouldn't mess with her :-P

Kiesha.

GHair_Renders_Working_Kiesha1.png
    925 x 925 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Something different :)

Kiesha.

o come on just one kiss :P

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Spyro said:

Kiesha.

She bites.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    bigh said:
    Spyro said:

Kiesha.

She bites.

me too :roll:

edited January 2013

bigh said:
    Spyro said:
    bigh said:
    Spyro said:

Kiesha.

She bites.

me too :roll:

ROFL man! ROFL! :lol:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay I'm miffed cause notices stopped once again. And now I'm afraid of bigh...

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

:lol:

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

ditto to both comments...lol

Great hair Spyro!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Something different. I've been wanting to show her off for a while... But I could never find the right hairstyle for what I wanted. She's part of Project Bloodline (Novel) she's a woman of many looks, deceivingly beautiful, not one to follow social standards, borderline psychotic and somewhat sinister.

Kiesha.

Stunning work Spyro.
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I go away for a month and Spyro's skills skyrocket two years forward.

Great job, kid. :)

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

She reminds me of the female merc / villian, Lola, from The Transporter 2. Very nice work.

tumblr_m7oewboh2K1rw464ho1_500.jpg
    471 x 607 - 197K
    edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    She reminds me of the female merc / villian, Lola, from The Transporter 2. Very nice work.

She is hot! lol
    - I cant deny she wasnt a big influence (Especially for the render). As such, Kiesha will have other looks... But seeing her as a kid, she had an impact on where I wanted to go with Kiesha... And I totally wanted to see how far I could go with daz with that look, out of curiosity. :) I'm thinking some piercings, some 'out there' shorter hairdos and wigs on occasions. May look into alternate hair colours as well, (She originally had a reddish blond hair color). :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I go away for a month and Spyro's skills skyrocket two years forward.

Great job, kid. :)

Skiriki!! How you doin? Long time no see... Believe it or not I was about to start work on a render where Spyro is searching the world for the missing Skiriki. Then the anchor of news7 Angelina Sanders was going to make a news story, pleading to the public to come forward to the police with any info on Skiriki's where abouts LOL!

Thanks very much Ski! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Kyra Upgrade. - Uses only 1 node for the ponytail instead of 3 to build up the hair count. Added brows and loose hair at the side burns. Refined the head hair.

Front view - Render time 53 mins, 5 GH hair nodes.

Side View - Render time 2hrs 11 mins. Same node count. Lowered hair count, and attempted to reduce render time by removing 60-70% of the hair at the crown leaving the outer edges as is (Which covers the bald area of the head). This didn't work. Render time barely changed.

GHair_Renders_Working_KyraGH2_SIDE.png
    925 x 925 - 794K
    GHair_Renders_Working_KyraGH2.png
    925 x 925 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Skiriki!! How you doin? Long time no see...

*handwaggle* So and so. Was sick from Christmas Eve to early January. Then I was sick some more, but with a different thing. My health is really poor in general.

Believe it or not I was about to start work on a render where Spyro is searching the world for the missing Skiriki. Then the anchor of news7 Angelina Sanders was going to make a news story, pleading to the public to come forward to the police with any info on Skiriki's where abouts LOL!

Thanks very much Ski! :cheese:

Bwahahahahhaha. :) Hey I did post an update to my dA journal. :)

edited December 1969

That's no good. I hope your feeling much better :) - I ended up removing journals from all the DA watch list some time ago. I'd get more journal entries notices than art lol So I missed that. You just vanished from all social sites I had with you, should have checked your journal LOL. Good to see you back!

edited December 1969

Well if you do IRC, I'm at irc.magicstar.net:6667 on channel #rpgnet as Lolth.

edited December 1969

I don't no, but I shall keep that in mind :)

edited December 1969

Earlier this week, I have been designing and creating a tactical flashlight, but this is not your standard flashlight. I hoped to add features that in the real world are typically separate or in another form altogether. It has all your normal light functions such as: High beam, Low Beam and High Beam Strobe, but it to also features Laser light and High power UV light (The UV light requiring filters for alternate wavelengths. Its function is intended to detect Bodily fluids as well as UV Ink (UV Tattoos) and UV Watermarks (Security features on Identification documents, Currency notes and Bank/credit Cards)). In addition to its specs, the design has weapon mounting in mind. Overall, it’s designed to be used by military/police (In fiction).

Modes (UV Light, High Beam, Low Beam and Laser) are set via a rotating dial. Strobe is activated with the button below the Mode Dial and the activation button is at the end of the flashlight.

This was originally my first Daz prop, I made a low polly version initially, then got sidetracked with many other projects and it was vaulted lol This is a compiled image of my shader/textured test renders, also was curious about lighting.

Did I mention I love torches… seriously its up there with stationary… I have to remind myself constantly that I don’t need one (I have 6) XD

(Did post this in complaints thread and thought better post it in my render thread)

ECFlashlight_Shader_UV_Test_3_c.jpg
    1500 x 974 - 453K
    ECFlashlight_Shader_UV_Test_1c.jpg
    1500 x 974 - 496K
    ECFlashlight_Shader_UV_Test_2c.jpg
    1500 x 974 - 493K
    ECFlashlight_Shader_Test.jpg
    1500 x 1048 - 569K
    ECFlashlight_ShaderTest.png
    1497 x 1423 - 2M
    edited December 1969

This is my "Free the men" render to Daz

Free poor G2M/Michael 6 from the dark and creepy vaults, yes we have: non-rendered, non-photoshopped, 100% raw footage of his cruel dark 'vaulting'- taken by an undercover ostrich (Whom can not be named) inside Daz corporations very own "Area-69" deceptively located underground in Valencia, Spain!

Let your voices be heard, “free the men!” ;-P

In all seriousness tho, I am anticipating G2M figure (even if M6 comes at a later date), Loving G2F/V6/Gia and can’t wait to upgrade my male characters.

For those curious, the set was something I whipped up, sort of a warm up exercise with 3ds max, I had a break from CGI for a while so had to brush up on the skills. Initially I was going to have the guards G2Females, but the whole ordeal with Auto-fit was just ridiculous, I gave up and loaded generation 5's. - The scene in Daz has about 11 lights, no uber environment. I lit it up with warm coloured lights like in the real world then cooled the image in Photoshop, sort of like Underworld(films).

Full_Render_C1e.png
    1500 x 1125 - 2M
    Full_Render_C2e.png
    1500 x 1125 - 2M
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

Great looking graphics ,.. That Flashlight looks fantastic.
    Glad to see ya back Spyro :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Am I really seeing this? Is Spyro back? All I can say is it's about time. I'm not 100% sure but I think this Ozzy stole my Muse and held it hostage all this time. Well, maybe the Admin title stole my Muse, anyway I'm just happy to see Spyro back and kicking.

I don't know why but I do feel the need render slowly creeping back over me... just saying...

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Yes, I was wondering where you got to... The renders look great :)

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Spyro! You´re alive! :) And the pictures look great!

edited December 1969

LOL thank you guys, its much appreciated :cheese: I been gone so long, I had to go to the complaint thread to find a link in my sig to locate my art thread, cos it was buried. Still have no idea what page number it fell back to lol Its great to see the Art zone forum becoming more well known :)

edited December 1969

Wee Spyro is back! Rejoice, everyone! :lol:

*ruffles Spyro's hair*

So, gonna release that flashlight? :)

edited December 1969

LOL Ski, its not complete yet. I'd like to rig it so that the Mode Dial can rotate, and create some morphs to press in the two buttons. I have no Idea how to set up bones. Also need to learn more about the ambient and reflections shader settings in AoA, its not quite there yet.