can you help me understand this

I'm reading through the EULA 

• ​Terms of Use. Two-Dimensional Works. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of two-dimensional animations and renderings, (ii) incorporate two-dimensional images (including two-dimensional images that simulate motion of three-dimensional objects) derived by User from the Content in User's other works, and (iii) publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense User's two-dimensional animations, renderings and other works; provided that User may not in any case publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, extracted or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format.

I don't understand; I'm new here. What do I need if I animate the model or use the model for my game, like a visual novel? Do I need an interactive license? or just the general?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909

As long as they are just pixels (2D images or animations, rather than 3D models which are manipulated by the game and turned into an image of their current state) then you need only the standard license.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

Daz doesn't want you to offer the models as part of whatever you're doing, so 2D and 3D renders and animation are fine, since those only use images (animation is a set of frames that are images). When it comes to games, the model is actual part of said game and can be shared, which is not allowed.

In short easy form, if it's for a game you need an interactive license, for anything else, the standard license applies.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,579

Faeryl Womyn said:.

In short easy form, if it's for a game you need an interactive license, for anything else, the standard license applies.

Only if including 3D models and textures from the store. If doing rendered sprites and backgrounds or animations with no DAZ models or DAZ textures included in the game, where the art assets are all 2D images, then standard license will do.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

That is true, I stand corrected on forgetting that part.