[SOLVED by PerttiA] Possible sources for "Interface Lag"?

janus22janus22 Posts: 7

Greetings again,

since some I've experienced that the Daz 3D interface is experiencing some serious interface lag, starting "soft" after ca. 30 minutes after launch. The strange thing is that it only affects UI related stuff, like mouseover-highlights on files or selecting things in the menus, dragging bars, ect..

Specifics: I have added a shortcut to the "Orbit function" for circling around the character by pressing shift+mousewheel-button, same as a shortcut for "Rotate" by mousewheel-button only.

I have worked with that mentioned layout pretty early on and never experienced such lag before. The only thing I was doing is adding asset pieces to the library, but here's the thing: This interface lag occurrs without even having any asset loaded into the scene! I just need to open up Daz3D and after said 30 minutes, first delays appear on mouseover-effects.

This device has like...

• 32gb of RAM in total and a
  • GeForce RTX 2080 Super (8gb RAM),
  • Daz 3D and cache/temp files are installed on a HDD drive right now, while
  • the CMS is located on a M2 drive.

Did anybody experience a familiar case? Is Daz only able to list a limited amount of assets in his library before getting in some kinda feedback-loop? Is there anything I could do to fix that?
It's real poison for workflow, if you need to reboot the entire app every 45 minutes, because the Lag is eating on your nerves...

Thanks in advance.

Solution:

PerttiA said:

The original Heat-plugin has a serious resource leak, which will gradually render DS unoperable.
There is an update, but I hear it too has a leak, although not as serious.

- I did a long term test run and the interface lag issue was fixed after uninstalling Heat.

Post edited by janus22 on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

Have you installed the Heat-plugin?

• janus22janus22 Posts: 7

Yes, I do. Why, is this known to cause problems?

(Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts, btw.)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

The original Heat-plugin has a serious resource leak, which will gradually render DS unoperable.
    There is an update, but I hear it too has a leak, although not as serious.

edited March 27

Wow, thanks for the hint! My latest update according to IM with Heat was apparently around 19th of march this year, so chances are high I already got that update, as there's nothing listed on the download tab available too. Also seems like to me the leak is serious enough to better kick it off the list...

Yet, before doing so: I didn't have to do a lot with the animation part of Daz yet as there are a lot of other things to get yourself busy with in Daz so far even then. But to me, at first glance, Heat seems to be a pay2use third party contributor of some kind; so completely optional, even if you wanted to do/use animations, right? I mean as long as they're not from the Heat library.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

Just check the version of HEAT plug-in via Help - About Installed Plugins...the latest version is 0.1.0.1 ....

SNAG-2024-3-28-0010.png
    728 x 813 - 65K
    edited March 28

@crosswind: I see; it's always a bit tricky to find all the corners and pockets in programs you just started to use. (Kick-)Started to use Daz this year, so I'm very thankful for you guys sharing your experience here! I found the error log location around there, bc I needed it before, but didn't find that one yet before!

Wished there was a "Thank you" function in this forum though, it would really spice things up for everyone in the very end.

@PerttiA: I did a long term test run and the interface lag issue was fixed after uninstalling Heat. Thank you very much, this just made the whole workflow bearable again!

Thank you both ! yes