Duplicate Formulas found in the Easter Egg products

StalestStalest Posts: 828
edited March 26 in The Commons

After installing both easter egg characters I have received errors regarding duplicate errors (upon loading any Genesis 9 figure). After uninstalling one of the products the errors disappear.

I have submitted a ticket with the relevant section of the error log that reports the duplicates.

Post edited by Stalest on

Comments

• I'm also experiencing this error.

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 242

I sent in a ticket on this earlier today. Bet DAZ got five copies lol

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 431
    edited March 27

I am getting a duplicate id after installing todays MB Yomie and yesterdays Mb Caramel  easter egg product offerings.

Post edited by wscottart on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,906

Threads merged, the other was in the wrong place anyway (not a Daz Studio issue).

• PancakePancake Posts: 40
    edited March 27

I panicked but it seems uninstalling Carmel fixed it for me.

Post edited by Pancake on
  •               Hi,  Thanks for sending the tickets, I also bought both and get the "duplicate formulas" warning. And I want to point out that both characters have other issues. Carmel has it's body bump map also in the arm bump parameter slot. Also, both chars have body normal maps where the "bump" doesn't extend enough to the map edge, which leaves a noticable flat ridge ring all across the collar area. They both have the same rather nice base skin, Yomi is made more pale and has some different normal maps - and maybe the arm normal has problems ( writing this from memory indecision ) I just use Filament, so these issues are immediately obvious. But with fixing the bump map and not using those normals they were worth buying to me ( at $4 ) They are close ennough to what I like, to be able to do my heavy dial spinning to, and get something usable. Missing from the product page is that the eyeshadow and lips makeup is a color LIE that is completely color variable, I consider that a valuable asset that surprisingly is not mentioned.  smiley/ peace

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

Yes, I got also Duplicate Formulas found messages after installing:

https://www.daz3d.com/mb-yomi-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine

and

https://www.daz3d.com/mb-carmel-hd-for-genesis-9-feminine

Magic Brush is pretty new here:

https://www.daz3d.com/magic-brush

so probably that is why they have not discovered how to fix such errors from the beginning, yet.

Hope that Daz 3D will fix these errors, but I am not sure if they can do that without the help from that PA.

•     Might as well  mention that I sent a ticket to alert the PA about the map issues. And after comparing the normal maps to the bump maps it was easier to to see the map boundries. Carmel and Yomi both seem to have head normal maps where the "bump" doesn't extend down to the lower edge of the map, leaving a noticeable ring in the collar area. And the "bump" doesn't extend to the top edge of Yomi's arm normal map creating a more noticeable ring. The actual bump map for the Carmel arms is in the folder but the body bump map loads in the arm slot. Have a great Holiday! smiley / peace

• randersranders Posts: 1

Ran into the same problem. After doing some snooping i found that these 3 files have a problem.

\DAZ_3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\MagicBrush\MB Yomi\MB_Yomi_body_cbs_head_x25p
    \DAZ_3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\MagicBrush\MB Yomi\MB_Yomi_body_cbs_thigh_z90n_l
    \DAZ_3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\MagicBrush\MB Yomi\MB_Yomi_body_cbs_thigh_z90n_r

it appears that either the name or ID (having fixed it I don't remember which) use Carmel. I changed them to Yomi and the error went away. However the materials for the eyes and the eyelashes did not load but I found that an easy fix. One of Magic Brushes models have the same problem but use Ines instead of Carmel. I know that it is a work around but it work for me.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

randers said:

Ran into the same problem. After doing some snooping i found that these 3 files have a problem.

\DAZ_3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\MagicBrush\MB Yomi\MB_Yomi_body_cbs_head_x25p
    \DAZ_3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\MagicBrush\MB Yomi\MB_Yomi_body_cbs_thigh_z90n_l
    \DAZ_3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\MagicBrush\MB Yomi\MB_Yomi_body_cbs_thigh_z90n_r

it appears that either the name or ID (having fixed it I don't remember which) use Carmel. I changed them to Yomi and the error went away. However the materials for the eyes and the eyelashes did not load but I found that an easy fix. One of Magic Brushes models have the same problem but use Ines instead of Carmel. I know that it is a work around but it work for me.

Thank you very much. Editing these file have fixed the problem for me.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 431
    edited April 3

Exactly how did you go about editing the files you mentioned Randers? Search for "Carmel" and replace all with "Yomi"?.....That worked for me btw.

Post edited by wscottart on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,099

Has this been fixed yet?

butterflyfish said:

Has this been fixed yet?

It will show as a product update when it is (assuming you download with DIM or use Connect, when next you are online with the application).

edited April 6

Richard Haseltine said:

butterflyfish said:

Has this been fixed yet?

It will show as a product update when it is (assuming you download with DIM or use Connect, when next you are online with the application).

It would, but I didn't install Yomi because of it.  I guess I could just edit the files if I install her and it causes problems.

edit: OK, I installed her. She hasn't been fixed, so I edited the files.

Post edited by butterflyfish on

If you use DIM downloading and not installing would still cause it to show as an update.

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 89
    edited April 8

Hi, If possible, I'd much appreciate notification here that it's been updated. Editing duf files is over my headfrown and I don't use the DIM - one drawback of manual install is not knowing if or when updates are done. Thankssmiley / peace

Post edited by 3DmentiaNull on

Just FYI, they're really easy to edit. Open the file in notepad (or similar), do a search for Carmel, and replace it with Yomi. It's there about 4 times in each file. 

3DmentiaNull said:

Hi, If possible, I'd much appreciate notification here that it's been updated. Editing duf files is over my headfrown and I don't use the DIM - one drawback of manual install is not knowing if or when updates are done. Thankssmiley / peace

If you installed or downloaded through Install Manager or installed through daz Studio it will show an update when you are next online after the update's release.

•        Hi, thanks Richard, but my D/S PC is offline only, sorry if I wasn't clear.  All Daz products are downloaded on other PC's, transfered, then manually installed. / peace

3DmentiaNull said:

Hi, thanks Richard, but my D/S PC is offline only, sorry if I wasn't clear.  All Daz products are downloaded on other PC's, transfered, then manually installed. / peace

Then you will probably have to wait for someone to post about the update, though it should be mentioned in the readme under Resolved Issues.

•        Hi, Thanks Richard, I tend to overlook readmes, and didn't know readme's had resolved issues listed. That's good to know, thanks again.yes / peace