Where did these G9 Male and Female Actor installations come from ?

I realise that there isn't a specific product I can find which allows us to install the Genesis 9 Male and Genesis 9 Female Actor files.  Yet, lo and behold, they exist in my Content Library ... How did they come about ?  I use DIM for installations.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657
    edited March 26

Misunderstood

Post edited by felis on
  • felis said:

Genesis 9 I Starter Essentials

Thanks for replying. 

I should have been clearer in my opening post. I am working from my old PC and I use DIM to manage the content in this machine as well.  (am not using two PCs concurrently)

I have both part 1 and Part 2 of the G9 Starter Essentials installed (latest updated version) using DIM in my old PC, but no sight of the Actors for the Male and Female Genesis 9 figure..  So I know they exist, but don't see them installed on my old PC.   

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657

To my knowledge, there is no "character" for G9M and G9F. They are both obtained by loading G9 base and then apply the male or female morph. Those can of course be saved as "characters".

• felis said:

To my knowledge, there is no "character" for G9M and G9F. They are both obtained by loading G9 base and then apply the male or female morph. Those can of course be saved as "characters".

I can't explain how my newer PC has the Actors for the Male and Female got installed, but anyway, but yeah, I just slid the dial for the Masculaine Shape setting to 100% for my purposes.  

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,702
    edited March 26

There are 6 Character presets in the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, Amala, Fabrice, Kat, Laura, Matt, & Ty

EDIT - Genesis 9 Body Detail Presets - https://sharecg.com/v/100222/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-9-Body-Detail-Presets

Genesis 9 Body Shape Presets - https://sharecg.com/v/100225/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-9-Body-Shape-Presets

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888

The named characters were added later, so having Genesis 9 Starter essentials installed doesn't guarantee you have the version with the characters.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The named characters were added later, so having Genesis 9 Starter essentials installed doesn't guarantee you have the version with the characters.

Yeah, I seem to recall something like that was the case. Anyway. I got around to getting into the Shapes tab and simply changed the Masculine Base slider to 100%.

• Thank you for everyone's input. 

I realise that I may have confused the Genesis and the Genesis 9 figures !!

I just checked my newer PC, and apart from the additional Daz3D characters the latest Essentials update provided, there is no male only and female only Actor.