Do you know a website that can generate reference posing?

Do you know a website that can generate reference posing?

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015

I haven't used it but just found it with a quick Google:

https://posemy.art/

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,068
    To be honest, a Google image search is frequently enough to get a wide range of sufficiently similar poses to be useful for synthesizing a good pose. Then try the pose yourself to verify what you see in the images is plausible. Finally, after tweaking your model, act out what you've posed at the end to function as a QA check. It's the process I go through, and it gives my family a laugh or two. Regards, Richard.
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited March 28

Rather broad question, but the "PoseMy dot Art" thing is quite interesting. First time I've seen a page with that domain extension!

Post edited by Roman_K2 on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,779

Wasn't Poser/DAZ originally created to make reference poses?

Full circle, you guys cool

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,779

Catherine3678ab said:

Admittedly only looked at it for two seconds but... whyyyyy would you use this if you're already using DAZ Studio? It's the same, only browser-based and worse.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,336

Hylas said:

It was.   That's exactly what Poser/Daz been doing for the last 20 years

Hylas said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Admittedly only looked at it for two seconds but... whyyyyy would you use this if you're already using DAZ Studio? It's the same, only browser-based and worse.

I wouldn't ;-) I find the tools in D/S work well and the additional plug-ins and pose sets are plenty.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    Hylas said:

DAZ Studio is an excellent tool for visualizing the character poses from different angles. But I'd still need to find photo references to base the poses I want to try to illustrate (whether it be a render or drawing.)

My original reaction was "doesn't the OP have Daz Studio or Poser Debut?"

I guess I can see where someone might want to have the browser based "PoseMy dot Art" thing running as an adjunct, on an Android tablet (which is what I personally have). Note that PoseMy dot Art has a lot of canned poses and combinations to choose from but they are presented in a different way than in the DAZ store or in DAZ Studio.

I have thought about making printouts of figure poses - I don't know, twenty or thirty on a 3-hole punched sheet of paper, both sides? - to put into a binder for quick reference.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,336

Artstation does have a large number of photoreference sets, by real live models that can offer suggestions and details on posing.

Be careful with any of the pose and/or other 'reference" images available at ArtStation. Many are now being made by AI.

edited March 28

Some of those sets of still pictures feature the model(s) on a turntable, recorded in a proper studio, eg. with controlled lighting. So (on a fast computer) you can look at the "sequence" using Explorer and it is almost like an animation.

Also I forgot to mention that I have also seen one or two modellers/posers/anatomy reference for artists things for Android, eg. good on a tablet. My inclination is to say that "I don't have a touch screen that works in Windows" but (Edit - I keep forgetting that) I do have a 1920 x 1080 pixels Wacom "ONE" tablet, which I imagine is like a low end Cintiq device - or a Windows tablet.

Anyway some users may like a "tactile" interface to use with the more "minimalist" screen that you get with the "PoseMy dot Art" thing.  Just saying.

Post edited by Roman_K2 on
  • sidsid Posts: 400

Lots of life drawing websites (there also used to be lots of lifedrawing videos on youtube, but you might have to sign in to find them or they've been all tidied up)

https://www.posespace.com/posetool/default.aspx - is my favourite. (NSFW once search results come up). Round table shots. Free to look at low-res

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows - can be good, some season you get a lot more 'lookbook' collections, so it's not all runway shots

I'm pretty sure I have downloaded LOTS on Youtube, going back to last fall say.

The part about "Vogue" and runways reminds me that there is a kinky user on Deviantart who did at least one, fairly long, animated video of various DAZ figures strutting out onto a runway, um, au naturel. cheeky