Background process goes crazy on first DS start a day

I've this strange behaviour since about the last 1-2 minor versions of Daz Studio, running the newest version now:

When I first start Daz Studio per day/fresh computer start, I hear my computer ventilation running heavy permanently, even if there's just the empty start scene and I'm doing nothing. And it stays that way, no matter how long I keep doing nothing.

Then if i quit DS, the window gets closed but the background task keeps running endless, still making my ventialtion go crazy. If I end the DS process manually and restart DS, everything is fine and smooth as supposed to be. Ventialtion hardly moving and the DS task ends corretly when I quit DS. It's always only the first start of DS per day.

One thing that I recognized is, is that my https://www.daz3d.com/favoratings-favorites-and-ratings-system isn't working when the background task is bugged on the first run. That's the only exception I recognized. Everthing else is working on the the first bugged run, just much slower because of the heavy computing load. I don't think the FavoRating is the cause for this, it's just something I've recognized and maybe a hint where the problem is.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,774
    edited March 24

When your PC's ventilation went crazy, could you tell if that came from GPU or CPU?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Mr_FluffkinMr_Fluffkin Posts: 109
    edited March 24

crosswind said:

When your PC's ventilation went crazy, could you tell if that came from GPU or CPU?

Sorry, I can't tell. It feels and sounds like the whole computer is running a heavy task and the whole system goes to full power mode. The DS process with empty start scene only takes about 7% of the system ressource when bugged(without the bug <1%), but the ventilation goes crazy. And working in the viewport is definetly much slower then. Not like unsuable(I've a quite powerful PC tho), but I can definetly feel the difference in terms of viewport smootheness, besides the ventilation going crazy.

My workaround is to restart DS when it happens and I was hoping it would end with some newer version, but the last ~2 versions(not exactly sure) didn't helped. And it's always with the first start of Daz per day. I can restart DS a hundred times after(with manual shutdown of the first endless DS process) and the bug won't happen once. It's always with the first start of DS per day/PC restart.

Post edited by Mr_Fluffkin on
  • Mr_FluffkinMr_Fluffkin Posts: 109
    edited March 24

I forgot to mention another exception which is the reason why I don't think it's the FavoRatings script: When my DS is bugged, it doesn't save custom actions. I can create them in "Bugged Mode", but they're gone with the next DS restart. If I create them in the non-bugged process, they get saved and stay as usual.

Post edited by Mr_Fluffkin on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,774
    edited March 24

Favor Rating is just a script rather than a plug-in which is loaded when DS is loaded...  If you don't run a script, it just stays there in the folder......

BTW, have you recently installed some plugins, especially 3rd-party ones ? If so, you can try deactivating them and see if there's any change.

Post edited by crosswind on