Squishy Human for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female - Nails issue

So I have had this product (Squishy Human for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female) for some time now and never really paid attention to changing the nails or addign a morph with elongated nails

I tried to test some nails, many of my morphs that do not make "Long" nails do not display the morph issue but I found some that when set to 100% show the issue and finally I tested to show that if set to below the invisible threshold the issue is not there till I go a few % over and the issue shows up.

01 01 Squishy on left (pink) and G8F base on Right (textured)

0202 Found some nail morphs and favorited them, nail morphs that can show the issue to show that it was not specific body morph that was the cause and as you can see on the Base G81F, there is no issue

03 03 another one

04 04 pears

05 05 testing to show that below that magical threshold it does not show the issue

06 06 and when I go above that threshold, had to goto 38% so you can see it better but it subtly starts at 28%

Comments

• Drewg254Drewg254 Posts: 0

I had this issue with this product as well. Returned because I could not find any info on why the nails had this weird warping. Made all the poses ugly where the hands were visible.

• HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 75

Oh wow, I was really hoping it was just corrupted files issue. just finished reinstalling G8 Essentials and was about to test, I guess I will get the same results.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777
    edited March 24

Have you installed the latest update of the product - Squishy Human for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female? - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/85574/start

From the screenshot you posted, it seems that you haven't since the Lable of the figure has been changed to "Genesis 8.1 Female" rather than "Squishy Human for Genesis 8.1 Female"...

There's no such issue on my side...

SNAG-2024-3-24-0030.png
    2560 x 1400 - 772K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 75

I actually renamed the figures to keep it organized in the screenshot.

So with your information I reinstalled SHP and am still having the nails issue.

I Uninstalled using DIM and downloaded the .zip manually from the product page and overwrote everything.

Tested both G8 and G81.

DAZStudio_ZT5VTFbM7z.jpg
    2986 x 1404 - 355K