What Would Cause The Selectable Toggle To No Longer Work? SOLVED

gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 175
edited March 21 in New Users

I have a G9F that I can no longer make selectable. The icon next to the eye in the Scene pane always shows an "X" no matter which tool I use. I'm sure it's something I've done but I can't tell what. The problem is only with this particular figure, and has never cropped up before. Normally I would simply delete the character and reload it, but this one is made from a variety of morphs. Is there a way to make it selectable again?

Post edited by gfdamron1 on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962

can you save it as a character preset and load it on a new figure?

doesn't solve the mystery but could be a workaround 

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 510

If you haven't already tried it, click the x by the eye and it should turn back to a check. Then you can select the figure. I have occasionally accidentally clicked the check and made the figure unselectable when going to select the node.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,604

And if clicking "X" in Scene pane doesn't work, filter "Selectable" in Parameters pane while selecting the figure, check if it's Locked, then toggle it.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 175

Thank you so much for your responses! They've all been helpful.

I would like to find out more about saving a character as a preset. That sounds like a very useful tool.

It turns out the solution to this particular problem is as Crosswind described- another aspect of DAZ that I've learned. Btw, it took a few tries to get the Locked setting to stay Unlocked position.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,604

gfdamron1 said:

Thank you so much for your responses! They've all been helpful.

I would like to find out more about saving a character as a preset. That sounds like a very useful tool.

It turns out the solution to this particular problem is as Crosswind described- another aspect of DAZ that I've learned. Btw, it took a few tries to get the Locked setting to stay Unlocked position.

yes