About disappearing content

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This is not a question; just an observation using D/S4. Whether or not it is this way also in D/S4.5 I do not know.

I discovered while making my 'little morphs' that if I saved a scene file; it not only saved the scene BUT "D/S4 as is" at the time.

I edited and saved my morph file - closed and reopened the program, my edited file was fine.

Then I loaded a previously saved scene file that used the morph before it was edited and "poof" ... it was as a 'restore to previous state' for the program, scene loaded fine but the edited file was as before; not as it should have been now. There was no sign of the updated morph file.

I was rather expecting some form of error message to relocate the old morph file but that is not what happened.

So, with that experience I don't think opening other people's scene files [as we could share the D/S3 scene files of products we made] is a particularly good idea.

Comments

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

If you are talking about Genesis, Genesis is not updated with new morphs when you load a saved scene. Load your scene, select Genesis, load a new Genesis, press undo and your original should pick up the new morphs (assuming we are actually talking about entirely new morphs and not just dialled values).

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

And a light bulb goes off!

You mean that the program itself isn't loading 'all the content' like D/S3 would have done ... that all those morphs and things for Genesis are loaded like it's all part and parcel of Genesis?!

Thanks for the information on how to fix it for next time.