I am trying to make curve based object but:(

Hi

I am working on try to make a butterfly with curves and try to make surfaces inside the wings,but I forgot right tool to extract that surface

I known howto do it before,but I been more inactive modelling and brycing and other 3d and 2d tools

I been trying to extract from top and bottom of wings,result is crap

Magnus

butterfly wands.png
1012 x 656 - 74K

Comments

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 131

I am not 100% sure what you intend. 
    But there are two tools working on faces: In the Vertex Modeling tab there are the 'Dissociate' and 'Extract'.
    Select the desired faces and use the intended tool. Afterwards you can move the selection independend from the rest of the mesh.
    The difference between the tools is that 'Dissociate' leaves all as one object (compare Scene Tab) whereas 'Extract' makes a new object from the selection.
    If you are looking for an UV map, use a two window screen in Hex, set one window to UV view. Select the faces in the 3d view. Go to UV view (the faces are here selected too). Than use the command ''Dissociate UV'. The selected UV can moved without distrubing the rest of the UV Map.
    If you intend something else try to select the desired surface (egdes of the surface) and use the commands in the Vertex or Surface Modeling Tab. In many cases those tools are than working only on the selection.

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 131

P.S. If I didn't get it right and your intention is to extract some lines into the wings to subdivide the surface, than beside the 'Edge Tools' in Vertex Modeling Tag there Tessalte Tools in the same Tab. Those allow for click on a point or line and draw a new edge over the face(s).

• NovaNova Posts: 218
    edited March 20

mach25 said:

Hi

I am working on try to make a butterfly with curves and try to make surfaces inside the wings,but I forgot right tool to extract that surface

I known howto do it before,but I been more inactive modelling and brycing and other 3d and 2d tools

I been trying to extract from top and bottom of wings,result is crap

Magnus

Oh .... please use another option. ^^

Use the template here and draw the outlines, then you have many possibilities to continue working. / You can also put a grid on it and customize it.

You can keep the butterfly as a template .... With a little practice, they can do it... something like this is a lot of fun

animal-1297939_1280_ JPG.jpg
    1280 x 880 - 266K
    Unbenannt.JPG
    1678 x 982 - 173K
    Post edited by Nova on
  • NovaNova Posts: 218
    edited March 20

Look, that's what I meant. It's done quickly.

You can now do many things with the surface..... I wish them every success and lots of fun.

You need to master the basic concepts, take a look at this. ( 106 short educational films )

22.JPG
    1157 x 801 - 84K
    Post edited by Nova on
  • mach25mach25 Posts: 256

thanks Nova yes

I think that can work