FIXED: DAZContentManagemmentService, Running But Not Working . . .

KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Last night in DAZStudio4.5Pro I lost SmartContent and the Products listing in the Content Library tab. I've checked Windows Task Manager to make sure that DAZContentManagemmentService is running, and restarted it. I've disabled the McAfee firewall, rebooted the machine, verified the firewall was still off (and no other firewall was running), and tried again. No joy. But there's more . . .

That machine (Win7-64) also lost all internet access -- I'm posting from a netbook that's getting through fine, so the problem's not the internet service nor the wireless router (NetGear). Used cmd.exe to ping 4.2.2.2 and got "General falure". It's connected through an ethernet port, so since wireless was working I bought a NetGear USB wireless adapter -- it said it installed and connected fine, but still no internet access. But there's more . . .

These same problems happened on my Mom's computer over the weekend. The only things her computer and mine have in common are AOL, McAfee, and DAZStudio4.5Pro. We didn't fix her computer, we replaced it. The new one's got Norton antivirus (and AOL) and is doing fine, but I'm not installing DAZStudio on it till I know what's causing this problem.

In my barely-informed opinion it looks like whatever's hosing the Smart Content is the samething hosing that machine's internet access, but killing the firewall and rebooting didn't help. Any ideas?

Post edited by KickAir 8P on

Comments

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2012

These same problems happened on my Mom's computer over the weekend. The only things her computer and mine have in common are AOL, McAfee, and DAZStudio4.5Pro.

It was McAfee (big surprise that, right?).
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ah, yes, a real surpise to find that (she says crossing her fingers as she types that whopper)

Recently thaere was major problems with internet access for users of one of the main ISPs in the UK, all caused by MS updates and, yes you have guessed it McAfee. Whole swaithes of the UK were experiencing loss of connectivety until it was sorted out.