Vehicle Real Life Equivalents

I saw a thread a few years ago regarding the real-life equivalents of the available car models in the Daz Shop. I can’t find the thread, but does anyone have a list of the real-life equivalents? I’m especially interested in the upper class vehicles created by Polish.

Comments

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210
    edited March 13
    Polish Upper Class vehicles: SUV: Audi Q5 (approx model year 2015)
    Roadster: Mercedes E Class Convertible (approx model year 2017)
    Coupe: BMW 6 series
    Post edited by Hemi426 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Sadly, DAZ seems to be terrified of directly copying auto manufacturers' designs, so you're far better off going to Renderosity and looking at products from TruForm (for almost clones with only the brand labels altered) and 3DClassics and Vanishing Point for perfect replicas. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584

Cybersox said:

Sadly, DAZ seems to be terrified of directly copying auto manufacturers' designs, so you're far better off going to Renderosity and looking at products from TruForm (for almost clones with only the brand labels altered) and 3DClassics and Vanishing Point for perfect replicas. 

The Renderosity selection is pretty old and made for Poser.

Renderhub has pretty good cars for DS and CGTrader has some too.

PerttiA said:

Cybersox said:

Incorrect.  3D classics does, as the name implies, focus on older vehicles, but Vanishing Point covers a wide range of vehicles from all time frames, and TruForm focuses on current models.  As for compatibility, TruForm started off as a DAZ-only vendor and, while Rendo often lists them as Poser only, all TF products continue to be DAZ compatible and TF includes sample DS renders for each product on their page, while Vanishing Point and 3D Classics make separate Poser and Iray versions of their items. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584

Cybersox said:

PerttiA said:

Cybersox said:

Incorrect.  3D classics does, as the name implies, focus on older vehicles, but Vanishing Point covers a wide range of vehicles from all time frames, and TruForm focuses on current models.  As for compatibility, TruForm started off as a DAZ-only vendor and, while Rendo often lists them as Poser only, all TF products continue to be DAZ compatible and TF includes sample DS renders for each product on their page, while Vanishing Point and 3D Classics make separate Poser and Iray versions of their items. 

By 'Old', I meant they have been there for years if not decades and although they are pretty good, the age does show. 

• This is the previous thread that I recall:

Vehicles: Real World Equivalents - Daz 3D Forums

• siskmilsiskmil Posts: 2

Hemi426 said:

Polish Upper Class vehicles: SUV: Audi Q5 (approx model year 2015)
    Roadster: Mercedes E Class Convertible (approx model year 2017)
    Coupe: BMW 6 series

Thank you for this. Very helpful!  

• siskmilsiskmil Posts: 2

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This is the previous thread that I recall:

Vehicles: Real World Equivalents - Daz 3D Forums

This is it! Thank you!!  

PerttiA said:

Cybersox said:

PerttiA said:

Cybersox said:

By 'Old', I meant they have been there for years if not decades and although they are pretty good, the age does show. 

Er... no.  Are there older products in those catalogs?  Yes.  However, they're also all still releasing brand new products (as in brand new geometry as well as older geometry with new textures), and they're all doing it both more frequently and more recently than DAZ vendors like Polish (whose last "real world" modern car releases, it should be noted, were the limo set back in 2020 and the retro car set released back in 2018 vs. multiple completely new products from all three listed Rendo vendors mentioned in both 2023 and 2024.)   As for Renderhub, et. all ... there are some nice products there BUT you have to be VERY careful with anything purchased there as some are actually ports from video games and many more are subject to "Editorial Use Only Restrictions" on their licensing, meaning that you can't use them in anything that you want to reproduce commercially, vs. the unrestricted use for most products from DAZ and Rendo.  

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,145
    3DClassics' 1983 Dodge RAM at Rendo has a DS only version with a release date of the 6th of March 2024. Neither old, nor a Poser model. TruForm's models are of more modern vehicles, and their copy of the Mercedes Sprinter (MK3) is a seriously versatile model, with high roof option, medium and long versions with & without windows in the back. Having had a real one and the model, I can say the only inaccuracy I have noted so far is that the bonnet logo has four points not three. It's for DS only, too. Regards, Richard.