Does default resources for daz 4.21+ backwards compatible?

A few days ago, an error message started to appear on my Daz 4.15 Pro, saying that NVIDIA MDL examples were missing and also that my Genesis 8.1 female wouldn't work. (I'm guessing that I did something to the Daz version's main files by accident.) So after searching the forums for a solution, I found that I needed to redownload the default resources for Daz 4.15+ via Daz install manager. Now what seems to be the problem? Well, the default resources for Daz 4.15+ are no longer available. Now it's the default resources for Daz 4.21+.

So let me get this clear: are you telling me to download the default resources for Daz 4.21+ along with the Daz 4.22 version, which has...

OOT hair bugs

Complete destruction of any exciting ghost lights

and many more bugs (according to the forums).

1. Does anyone know how to get the default resources for Daz 4.15+?

2. Or are the default resources for Daz 4.21+ backwards compatible?

3. Can someone confirm that it works with 4.15?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• The application is Daz Studio, not Daz. The Default Resources for daz Studio were updated with new files to support Face Transfer 2, I don't hink anything else was changed.

Daz Studio 4.22 does not have Out Of Touch hair bugs - some Out of Touch hair had a bug, since fixed in most cases, which Iray did not handle gracefully - if you are, due to instalaltion method or left over files, still experiencing the issue in 4.22 it is easily fixed 9as discussed in the release theads so i won't repost here).

Many products using emissive, semi-transparent surfaces (which includes ghost lights) have been updated, there are isntructions for using the new method here Creating a "Ghost Light" - Daz Studio 4.21.1.26+ - Daz 3D Forums

The only other major issue is the .exrs used in many of Flipmode's sets - but they have, at least almost, all been updated.

There may have been other complaints, but generally they were not issues with 4.22 per se. Beware of attaching too much weight to isolated reports.

No-one but Daz may suply you with a copy of Default resources or the application - if you want to keep older versions make sure you back up the isntallers (including the plug-ins in the case of Daz Studio).

• Richard Haseltine said:

The application is Daz Studio, not Daz. The Default Resources for daz Studio were updated with new files to support Face Transfer 2, I don't hink anything else was changed.

Daz Studio 4.22 does not have Out Of Touch hair bugs - some Out of Touch hair had a bug, since fixed in most cases, which Iray did not handle gracefully - if you are, due to instalaltion method or left over files, still experiencing the issue in 4.22 it is easily fixed 9as discussed in the release theads so i won't repost here).

Many products using emissive, semi-transparent surfaces (which includes ghost lights) have been updated, there are isntructions for using the new method here Creating a "Ghost Light" - Daz Studio 4.21.1.26+ - Daz 3D Forums

The only other major issue is the .exrs used in many of Flipmode's sets - but they have, at least almost, all been updated.

There may have been other complaints, but generally they were not issues with 4.22 per se. Beware of attaching too much weight to isolated reports.

No-one but Daz may suply you with a copy of Default resources or the application - if you want to keep older versions make sure you back up the isntallers (including the plug-ins in the case of Daz Studio).

Thank you very much for the quick reply Richard and I did downloaded and tested Daz studio default resources 4.21+ on my current version a moment ago. Seems to be working fine. But This product 'Modern rustic house has couch pillows and they looks tiny bit different. Other than that everything works same as before. Models, HDRIs etc.

So it appears Daz studio default resources are backwards compatible.