Faster animation preview in DAZ 4.8

Hello everyone!

Someone knows if there are some way to have faster animation preview in DAZ Studio?

From what I can guess, the viewport is all on the GPU... Can I somehow use the CPU to view the animation preview?

Comments

• Untextured view plays back better and in preferences you can disable a lot of unnneeded things

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,919

Untextured? Uhm... I'll try!

About the option, what I can disable or modify?

Aww... Nothing to do with the untexturized method, the animation is slow as always...

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

iray ?

3dl ?

opengl ?

just prevew in viewport or rendered ?

I said it in the first post... I need a faster preview in the viewport.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    Imago said:

I said it in the first post... I need a faster preview in the viewport.

There is no way to alter the speed of the Viewport that I know of, it is usually a lot faster than a render, and updates almost immediately.   It uses OpenGL, and so is handled by the GPU as you said.   If your Viewport is too slow,just displaying a static scene,  then it does not bode well for doing rendered animations on your machine.   What are the specs of your machine, OS, RAM, CPU, GPU etc?

You can under Render Settings, select Basic OpenGL or Intermediate OpenGL depending on the video card that you have, for rendering an animation, and it would be a lot quicker to render than 3Delight or Iray, but the qualtiy will be much less.

Can you explain a bit more of what you want the Viewport to do?   Why does it appear slow to you?    Are you running an animation in the Viewport and it is sluggish?   You can hide items in your Scene in the Scene pane, by clicking on the 'Eye' icon, and that will give your GPU much less to do for example.

Static scenes are OK, the viewport goes fast and smooth. I have problems with animations longer that 30 frames with multiples chars and props moving.

The render is very fast (I use 3DLight, based on the CPU) but the viewport preview is too slow to see how the animation works before rendering it. My video card sucks and since I can't afford a new workstation for the moment, I thought there are some way to use the CPU for the viewport instead of the GPU, since if I'm rendering I'm not using the viewport preview...

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

which drawstyle ?

Usually I use the "Texture Shaded". I already tried to use all the others, no noticeable differences but the Wireframe and similar are even slower.

I also tried to hide some objects from the scene, the speed are always the same.

• Try any or all of these:

In Edit > Preferences > Interface:

Hardware Anti-Aliasing - Off / Display Optimation - None / Texture Resources - Performance

Make your actual Vieport smaller (pixel wise) and your figure/s Mesh Resolusion > View SubD Level - 0

Limit the amount of Morphes and Keyframes (for instance: Keyframe 0 to 30, key only the nessesary for animation)

More figures/actors animating, will dramaticly slow down the Viewport animation.

I hope this might help.

Already tried everything you named... Always the same speed!

The only thing I tried only now is to rescale the viewport... Nothing, even if I shrink it to 50x50 pixels!

It looks like I just have to change my workstation...

Thanks anyone, anyway!