Druids Grove

c567591ac567591a Posts: 41

I can't get Druids Grove product to render.

It starts up and then locks up the computer, completely frozen.  I left it for 30 mins and it hadn't done anything even update time on the PC.  Its chugging the system hard doing... something... but no idea what.  The log cuts off before anything useful is entered.

I have 32 GB and a 3090.  It should work fine.  I'm using most upto date beta version of DS (4.22.1.74).  It didnt work on older versions, but I tired yesterday and its still locking things up hard.

@MartinJFrost

Post edited by c567591a on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,136

Seems like something that would use a lot of instancing, so I would first check that Instancing Optimization is set to Memory.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,655

I think Leana is correct here. I have just tried this with a similar setup (3080) and my first attempt pretty-much locked up the system at the retrieving geometry stage in the render window. The log did also output several warnings that it was downgrading the "parametric approximation level" because "the original value would produce too much geometry in a single mesh". Don't understand that but sounds like it was struggling to fit the request within my machine's resources. The machine was pretty sluggish during that and took a while to cancel the attempt.

However, after switching to the Memory option the render worked fine.

Test was done with the "Summer" scene option and the "Standing Stones" camera.

Druid Grove.png
    500 x 400 - 304K
  • c567591ac567591a Posts: 41

Thanks guys.  My "old/existing" scene crashes/locks up my computer.  I tried it right before posting this.  It was even set for memory.

For giggles I rebuilt it with the Summer scene, set for memory as thats what you mentioned worked... and it worked.

I don't know what is different. 

Thanks for the assist.