NoPokethrough plugin alpha version available for testing

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

Twas 34˚C here yesterday and expected 37˚C here today...  and testing of plugin is still going on yes

here is on the coast of NSW blush

Illawarra for Sunday Sunny. Hot day inland. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h, tending NE at 30 to 40 km/h along the coast during the afternoon, reaching 50 km/h along the coastal fringe. Daytime maximum temperatures 34 to 40

Using D3 Santa suit on Genesis .. needed a bit of help with poke thru on jacket but didn't quite work..

then I deleted the morph, unfitted the suit from Genesis then refitted and no poke thru..

also found that when modifier is created that reposing figure takes a lot longer with a lot of stagger ..

attached is Santa poked & unpoked smiley

santa_poked.jpg
    800 x 600 - 188K
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 2015
    Stezza said:

Using D3 Santa suit on Genesis .. needed a bit of help with poke thru on jacket but didn't quite work..

then I deleted the morph, unfitted the suit from Genesis then refitted and no poke thru..

also found that when modifier is created that reposing figure takes a lot longer with a lot of stagger ..

attached is Santa poked & unpoked smiley

Hi Stezza,

Thank you very much for testing.

Staggier is there when the dynamic mode is on. When you're working with morph, this mode is not necessary. You're better off updating the morph (After creation, an update is almost always necessary).

Which santa is the unpoked ? On the one on the right, I can see polys going wild under the left sleeve. If it's the one, I surely need to debug that sad

Would you mind zipping and PMing (Copyright and so on...) me that scene  (I don't need the textures, just the geometry) ?

Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

Hi Philemo, I think Stezza has been on holidays. Hopefully he will see this and reply.

• I'm not in a hurry :-).

Right now, I'm working with Gérald on VWD integration into Carrara and it takes all the time I have.

• Take all the time you need, that is a good thing, good cloth sim is needed dearly in Carrara smiley

Philemo said:

I'm not in a hurry :-).

Right now, I'm working with Gérald on VWD integration into Carrara and it takes all the time I have.

thats wonderful news ! Thanks!

• Take all the time you need, that is a good thing, good cloth sim is needed dearly in Carrara smiley

It's also whatt I think.

Actually, it's quite funny. I started the NoPokeThrouh plugin as a basis for a cloth sim plugin. I needed a test bed to implement collision testing and morph storage.In my mind, it was only a first step, and, if it's usefull, so much the better. Then Gérald came and his cloth sim is far better than any I could devise. So, I'm still in my initial goal and the efforts made for NoPokeThrouh are very usefull for this integration.(and also the other way round).

• AntaraAntara Posts: 444

Hi Philemo,

I am trying to come back to Carrara and I have a brand new Carrara (latest build) on my somewhat new computer (the old one with all the 3D stuff on it died last year), so I am adding all the useful Carrara plug-ins and I found this one. It sounds amazing! I downloaded the file from the link in the first post and installed it to my Carrara 8.5.1.19 64 bit.

I have a test scene where I am trying thing out, it has Genesis 2 Female and a bunch of content added to her. She has a coat and a scarf and the scarf was not meant for this coat, so the coat pokes through the scarf in a few places. I thought it would be a perfect set up to test your plug in.

I select the scarf "Actor" node and in the modifiers tab, when I click on +, I can see "No Pokethrough general utility" option, but when I click on it, absolutely nothing happens. No options appear in the Modifiers tab, nothing. I tried it also with the figure Unlocked (using Fenrick's unlock utility), but that didn't change anything. Although unlocking it did enable other modifiers, which did not appear for the locked figure.

The same thing happened when I tried this with the V4 figures.

Am I doing it wrong? Am I missing a step?

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602

I'm having the same problem as Antara. I'm using Carrara Pro 8.5.1 Build 19 64 bit on Windows 7 Pro. I have tried it on clothes in Daz Studio .duf format and Poser .cr2 format, I can see "No pokethrough general utility" in the list of  modifiers but when I select it nothing happens.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Looks like it's timed out and we need an update ,. I see the same thing,.  Add modifiers/no pokethrough general utility,. Empty panel no options

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

End of the DEMO ?

Same thing for me too...

• LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

This is interesting :)  I just got Carrara so its something I would be interested in as well.

• 3DAGE said:

Looks like it's timed out and we need an update ,. I see the same thing,.  Add modifiers/no pokethrough general utility,. Empty panel no options

Sorry about that. I'm completely overworked this days.

I'll post a new version today with a bonus

• I changed the end date to the end of July.

I've also added a new functionality. It's now possible to add a morph to a Gen4 cloth, even if there is no channel available.

It works only for Gen3-Gen4, will crash for Genesis (but there is no channel issue for Genesis).

You can dowload it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bztu9Tp7eavmdFN4dnhIUHItc1E/view?usp=sharing

See the demo:

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Thanks Philemo :)

it's quickly becoming an essential tool :)

I was thinking,. which is often a bad thing,. .. Is it possible to build this functionality into VWD as an error correction system ,. on each sim frame , no-poke would check and adjust if needed.

edited April 2016
    3DAGE said:

Thanks Philemo :)

it's quickly becoming an essential tool :)

I was thinking,. which is often a bad thing,. .. Is it possible to build this functionality into VWD as an error correction system ,. on each sim frame , no-poke would check and adjust if needed.

Thank you 3DAge

Actually, you can already combine the two plugins. On the cloth generated by VWD, you add the NoPoke plugin in dynamic mode. As it should be only minor pokethrough, dynamic mode should be adequate for the task.

On the other hand, Pokethrough can often been dealt with in VWD. But I agree it's nice to have both solutions, only if not having to replay the entire sequence in VWD just to fix minor pokethrough.

Post edited by Philemo_Carrara on
  • AntaraAntara Posts: 444

@Philemo Thank you!!! I can see the options now. And thank you for the video tutorial! Very helpful!

I haven't been able to get the results as good as some of the examples here, though. I am going to play with it some more and if it doesn't get solved, I will come back with some more specific questions.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Just had a chance to try this out - great work, it seems to work well! And thanks for the video on incremental changes, very useful.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

Please approach DAZ about selling your plugin so I can buy an unlocked version, I have held off somewhat on testing it or for that matter VWD cloth until I know where things are going to be marketed, I have no problem buying stuff from Rendo etc either, do frequently but gotten myself into trouble discussing such things in the past so like to know where it is heading at least.

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165

Your No Poke plugin has become quite essential to me in Carrara.  When you release the full version, I'll be one of many to buy it. :)

Thank you for your support. I have yet one more feature to add (morph transfer for genesis figures) and I'll go and find a reseller for it.

• Philemo, looks very useful.  Any further updates?

• I've added a lot of features since and I'm slowly debugging it (while refraining to add more features :-) ). Once done, I have to compile and test for OSX and I'll be ready to release a beta version.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
    Philemo said:

I've added a lot of features since and I'm slowly debugging it (while refraining to add more features :-) ). Once done, I have to compile and test for OSX and I'll be ready to release a beta version.

yes Awesome! 

• I will indeed scrounge for change behind the couch grab it once its done, 

I did not get VWD as I find I do not really use dynamic cloth that much even with iClone that has Nvidia PhysX

have Poser too and rarely use it.

Carrara dynamic hair I do not even simulate most the time.

but this I certainly would use. yes

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

ditto on being interested and glad you're working on it.

yay,

--ms

Philemo said:

I've added a lot of features since and I'm slowly debugging it (while refraining to add more features :-) ). Once done, I have to compile and test for OSX and I'll be ready to release a beta version.

great news Philemo, thank you

I went to use it the other day and it it didn't work.. thought the time limit was up ... so waiting eagerly for a new paid release version yes