DAZ Studio : Movie Magic | Digital Art Live

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,226
edited February 4 in Daz Studio Discussion

Check out the Sign-Up Page for more details and attendance options. Paul's got some great packages available!

There are many ways to build, save and render our Daz 3D scenes.

In Movie Magic we’ll explore workflows for creating specific, separate renders that are purposely made to be melded together into a single, final image.

Whether for you’re making still images OR animations, these practices add Magic by allowing us total freedom over the look of every element within the scene.

You’ll see how much Faster we can work – how much more we can get done with an efficient workflow.

The additional tools and elements demonstrated are not essential to the course, but shown to inspire creativity in using them. The main things that we will take away from all of this can be achieved with your own library of content assets.

With Character Art being the main focus, we’ll:

• Begin with a brief tour of such a workflow in action and demonstrate how much choice we have for the final result.
  • Explore the possibilities gained from rendering our characters as individual elements.
  • Explore various environments for our scene and discuss the possibilities they provide us as well as to give us a complete idea of how our character should look.
  • Start a library of Skies and other distant backing imagery.
  • Create a collection of Foreground, Midground, and Background elements.
  • Build layers of Foreground, Midground, and Background animations.
  • Build layers of Foreground, Midground, and Background animated effects.
  • See how we can use our saved character animations for changing the lighting, camera angles, costumes and hair… even the character itself.

All the while working towards our final work – in our example, a short video.

This video includes techniques taught in this course

In each topic, we delve into several aspects that are related, discussing various directions we can take and how it affects the rest of the topics in the workflow. So by the end, we’ll have a cohesive set of assets – or ‘layers’, if you will – that all work together to make our final image come to life with an abundance of possibilities!

In this mini-course I’ll demonstrate character animation and show case studies, not the actual process of animation (this is demonstrated in my previous presentations) but what to do with the animated character after it’s saved, and demonstrate how the same animation can be used for many purposes.

The main things we’ll take away from all of this is to see a solid and powerful workflow for getting faster render times and a lot more creative power over the final result.

The examples in the post production phase will be performed in DaVinci Resolve, but the same or similar steps will be used no matter the compositing software of choice.

Join me on a Journey of Unleashing You Creative Juices!

Check out the Sign-Up Page for more details and attendance options. Paul's got some great packages available!

Dartanbeck

DAZ Studio : Movie Magic - Sneak Peak A

This is a series of clips taken from a presentation I've prepared for the beginning of the webinar. Not all aspects are shown, but I think this gives a good idea of what the free portion of the webinar will bring. I've captured many procedures in advance to make better use of web time and move along more fluidly - while my Daz Studio will also be open and loaded for live demonstrations. 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on