[SOLVED] Genesis9 - Enable SSS?

arthenicsarthenics Posts: 141

Hello,

How to get the option "enable SSS" for my own custom skins? Some products display the option, then there's a way but... how?

Post edited by arthenics on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,751

When talking about custom skins, are you then meaning custom shader or custom textures?

For Iray Uber and PBR skin shaders it is build in.

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 141
    edited February 3

I've created skins with Blender and baked them and now, I wish to apply them on a genesis 9 figure.

But the default genesis 9, the Iray uber or the "human skin" shaders don't display the "enable SSS" option. There are some subsurface options, a SSS "mono or chromatic" hidden option but not the one I'm looking for.

I'm looking for an option called exactly "Enable SSS" that appears with some products in "surface" pane.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271
    edited February 3

Apply the PBR Skin shader - select the skin surfaces in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane, then use the shader preset for PBR Skin (I can't recall if it has a space in the name or not) in the Presets tab.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Well... I probably miss something somewhere, there's no "PBR skin" that matches. There's still the possibility to use one of the default skin provided in "essentials" and replace by my own skins but I would prefer to start with a "blank" one. Never mind. Thanks anyway.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,253
    edited February 3

In the Shaders folder in content library, PBR Skin is a default resources shader.  It's literally called PBR Skin.

if any settings on shaders are not showing, it is because their visibility has a dependency on another setting. There's no such setting called 'Enable SSS' setting on the Iray Uber shader.  But on PBR Skin it is dependent on Translucency Enable. So that has to be active first.

Capture3.JPG
    1259 x 992 - 130K
    Capture.JPG
    1005 x 925 - 65K
    Post edited by lilweep on
    edited February 3

Found it. Finally. I had to go in "DAZ connect"(...path hierarchy...) to find a .duf that matches. I was expecting it to be displayed in Smart content or Surface Shaders preset. Thanks.

UPDATE

In fact, it is available... as "Daz Iray PBRSkin" so the search option was struggling to find it since "PBR" or "Skin" alone returns nothing -_-