Out Of Touch Hairs "WONT" render after upgrade to 4.22

Ive tried to reach out to DAZ to get help for this, been waiting 2 months and still nothing....

The problem is immediately after switching to the 4.22 upgrade I completely lost the ability to render ANY hair that is OOT.... It was literally working earlier in the day before the upgrade as I usually use OOT hairs in my renders, so all my scenes already had characters with those hairs... I try to load those scenes and do renders I literally did 30 mins earlier and now it just will not render (keeps saying --- preparing scene --- endlessly)

Im not too thrilled with 4.22 there is a bunch of other things I dont like and are not working as they did earlier in that same day but 100% this OOT bug is a game breaker for me as all my stuff uses the Out of Touch hairs...

troublesshooting ----- If I load a brand new scene, load a G8 or any G and try any hair other than the OOTs, it will render no problem --- if I bring in an OOT hair, the same scene will no longer render --- if I delete the hair, it will still not render --- I have to close the program and reload it for it to render again --- 1000% a problem with the OOT hairs....

Anybody had this happen??? Anyone have a fix??? --- This is literally bringing my work to a stand still as everything Ive done and do, uses the OOTs ----- Please help if you can Im losing my marbles with this!

Thanks

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,624

Yes, this was a known issue and should now be fixed if you install the updates. Although the issue is with a shared file and so if the last hair you installed was a non-updated version then I think it will break them all. I believe this is not a Daz bug but an Iray bug maybe. Either way, updating the hairs should fix it and if not there is a manual fix somewhere which involves removing an image map from a setting.

• Most hairs have been updated, and not all were affected. However, for those that were the issue is a shard file so isntalaltion order and method, or having older files in another content directory, can all cause the issue to persist. if you have updated every product the fix is pretty simple - select the hair in the scene, then in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane select it in the list of items on the elft (you need the model and its surfaces selected). Type transm in the filter box at top-right of the pane, so you can see the Transmitted Color proeprty. Click the icon to the left of the colour picker and from the menu seelct None 9so that any map is removed). The hair should now render.