Algovincian 2024: New Year - New Junk

algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
edited April 11 in Art Studio

Haven't been posting much here lately, so I figured it was time for a new thread for the new year and upload a couple of recent images in an effort to start posting again.

Arthur bumped into this cute little voodoo princess on a recent ride down to the bayou:

The image makes use of several recent releases from Strangefate and a doll from Thorne:

https://www.daz3d.com/stf-tribal-armor-for-genesis-9-and-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/stf-tribal-witch-doctor-undies-and-body-paint-for-genesis-9-and-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/stf-kadis--legendary-armor-for-genesis-9-and-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/akubisa-for-genesis-8-female

I was so happy G8 was still supported in Strangefate's recent releases - woot! Thank you.

Arthur had been sleeping rough for several days before finally making it back to camp, and probably should have grabbed a bath & shave before having this picture taken:

I love exploring and being an in-game photographer, which is where the background in the first image came from. The second image is also an in-game screencap processed to be more photorealistic using AI, and then one of my standard post-processing scripts for pShop to make it look like an aged photograph.

- Greg

bayou-voodoo-800.png
800 x 450 - 555K
arthur-800.png
800 x 1600 - 2M
Post edited by algovincian on

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

Looks great. I especially like black & white version.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited January 24

Artini said:

Looks great. I especially like black & white version.

Thanks @Artini. It's so cool how just a screen capture of actual game play (the color image of Arthur) can be used to create a more photo-realistic black & white image.

Here's another example - an image of a busy city street market in Saint Denis circa 1900 using the same workflow:

- Greg

saint-denis-1600-bw.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

It is also great. Looks like a black and white photo.

edited January 26

I probably should have been more clear about the fact that the last image of Saint Denis also started as a screen capture during gameplay.

Of course, in-game screencaps aren't the only source of input images that can be used. DS renders also work great as input to the processing, which is why I'm posting here . . . duh! lol

Here's 2 more examples (Streets of Venice and Wild West Town) of environments rendered in DS and processed using the same workflow. The workflow is still a work in progress and a few tweaks were made since the Saint Denis image, but the basic idea remains the same:

https://www.daz3d.com/the-streets-of-venice

https://www.daz3d.com/wild-west-town

- Greg

wild-west-town-1600.png
    1600 x 900 - 7M
    venice-1600.png
    1600 x 900 - 7M
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Love the new images, Greg! The realism with the black and white images are incredible! Looks like historic photographs! SO COOL!

3Diva said:

Love the new images, Greg! The realism with the black and white images are incredible! Looks like historic photographs! SO COOL!

Thanks, @3Diva. The workflow is really fun to play around with. The AI didn't do so good with the writing on the signs in the old west town, though . . . doh!

- Greg

algovincian said:

3Diva said:

Thanks, @3Diva. The workflow is really fun to play around with. The AI didn't do so good with the writing on the signs in the old west town, though . . . doh!

- Greg

Yeah, writing and hands are my two biggest frustration with AI created content. But I do know it's only a mater of time before the models improve to the point where we no longer have a problem with writing and hands. 

edited March 31

Wanted to upload some subtle expression tests for a workflow I've been playing with to check them out on different devices. Not perfect, but not bad considering each of the 4 variations for each character were generated from the same initial image:

- Greg

ETA: Here's a quick video making it easier to see the change in expression for each character:

01a-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 817K
    01b-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 812K
    01c-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 803K
    01d-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 813K
    02a-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 804K
    02b-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 820K
    02c-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 784K
    02d-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 783K
    03a-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 740K
    03b-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 746K
    03c-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 727K
    03d-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 832 - 721K
    04a-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 640 - 573K
    04b-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 640 - 574K
    04c-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 640 - 594K
    04d-giga-high fidelity v2-2x.png
    640 x 640 - 578K

This traditional-looking manga style you've been able to achieve is awesome! It looks fantastic! Like Bill & Ted would say, Most Excellent! 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,196

Good stuff, but you might want to spellcheck the title of the thread. 

Gordig said:

Good stuff, but you might want to spellcheck the title of the thread. 

Doh! Thanks, @Gordig

3Diva said:

This traditional-looking manga style you've been able to achieve is awesome! It looks fantastic! Like Bill & Ted would say, Most Excellent! 

Thank you, @3Diva. This workflow is better on tight face shots and not so good for full head-to-toe shots or groups. The previous algos were the exact oposite - better on wider framed shots and no good on close-ups. I can't win! lol

- Greg