DazStudio Versions.

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

I'm still running D-Studio 4.6, and I keep encountering space backgrounds that- under compatability- say D.S.4.8.

Will 4.6 not support these backgrounds?     I've noticed some other items- specs appeal, for example- that mention 4.8m also.   Do I need to ugrade, to use these?

Post edited by dash2128 on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

That depends...if they are set up with Iray, then you would have to set up the textures yourself. (Although I don't think there are any Iray only items, just shader presets).

There are also a couple of other things that may need a newer version...but I can't think of anything in particular, at the moment.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

Do you know if Blue Planet Orbital View wwould work pn 4.6?

It says compatible with 4.8.

I was thinking of buying it, but if it doesn't work on 4.6, I'd have to upgrade.  I'm not even sure hpw to upgrade, actually.

(And thanks for responding.)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 2015

Remember, that compatibility bit on the store pages isn't a text string that says "DAZ Studio 4.8", it says "DAZ Studio [insert current D|S version]" — it usually changes store-wide soon after a major version change, no matter which version the files were created with. All it means is that the item includes D|S files in the current .duf format, which started with D|S4.5.

If it only says "DAZ Studio" then it has either older files in .daz scene format, and old-type scripts, or Poser-only files that should load and convert cleanly. The "What's Included" section on the store page should indicate which you have.

FWIW, I just checked file date stamps, and Blue Planet came out while 4.6 was the current version, so you should be OK.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

I didn't think of that,

Thanks!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,328

Upgrading is easy and free. If you use DIM 4.8 should be availble for download and installation, or you should find it in your product library. It will over wright 4.6 so its advisable to backup a copy of 4.6 so you can go back if you want.