Getting Realistic Skin Texture and Color for G3 Female

My G3 female renders, the skin is a bit plastic and slightly reddish.

I see what other people are doing and know there are many things I am way behind on the learning curve for the Daz software.

So... how do I get realistic skin color and texture? I've spent a lot of time experimenting with the tools with no results.

Is there a tutorial on how to do this or is there an add-on product I need to purchase?

Thanks

Comments

• Which version of Daz Studio, and is your Render Engine (Editor tab or render Settings) Iray or 3Delight? Which materials/character, if not the default?

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Which version of Daz Studio, and is your Render Engine (Editor tab or render Settings) Iray or 3Delight? Which materials/character, if not the default?

Daz 4.8, Victoria 7, and I usually render with 3Delight. Unless there are defaults, I don't use materials.

• I think V7 loads with iray shaders, you may need to apply the 3Delight materials from \People\Genesis 3 Female\Materials\Victroia 7\3Delight in the Content Library under DAZ Studio Formats.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

I poked around some more, I select the SURFACE tab, then SKIN in the menu and select VICTORIA 7 ALL MAT and that gives me much better results.

I just wonder if there are tutorials for this stuff, I don't want to be "That Guy" in the forums who has to have his hand held all the time.

• The trouble is that different products will have differenet options. New items will probably load with Iray shaders, if they have them, as that is the default render engine but older items won't and if the same settings work in 3Delight and Iray then the defaults may be the 3Delight.