Second render loses background

Hello!

I've encountered a minor problem. If I make a picture with an external background picture in it, render and save and then begin a new picture, I cannot add a background picture to that one. I doesn't show up in the viewpoint and it doesn't show in render. If I close DAZ and re-open, the problem is gone, and I can add a picture again, but as soon as I begin a second pic the bg is gone. And that's quite the problem for me because I'm in the midst of making quite a lot small and smart render which all are based upon background images and it's quite time consuming having to open and close DAZ all the time.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

which version of DS 4.8 public or 4.9 beta??

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,336
    edited November 2015

I suspect it's an older version of DS - there was a bug where the Environment pane was out of sync with the actual setting following Scene New. The trick, as I recall, is to reset the mode (though if that is the case updating DS would be better).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I never use the backdrop so I never came upon that bug

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

It's the 4.8.0.55.  believe that's the latest official version.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,336
    edited December 2015

4.8.0.59 is the current production build. And the fix was between those two builds so updating will resolve the issue:

Fixed an issue with updating the Environment pane when clearing the scene

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,952

How come I didn't get that update in the DIM?

• Are you sure it isn't in the Ready to Install tab? Sometimes, if I'm slow, DIM will time out on installing before the are you sure Windows prompt vanishes so I don't realise it hasn't installed after I say Yes.

Are you sure it isn't in the Ready to Install tab? Sometimes, if I'm slow, DIM will time out on installing before the are you sure Windows prompt vanishes so I don't realise it hasn't installed after I say Yes.

yeah it happened to me too