mcjAutoLimb2015 - A Kind of IK System - G3 and G8 Workability Confirmed

13»

Comments

• minnow3dminnow3d Posts: 4
    edited November 2020

Thank you for the info mCasual and I apologize for not responding quicker.

I will try this, but I forgot to ask when I make a target which option do I use? 

I think I have it figured out for the most part and am really liking the results!

eta: looks like I need a tutorial on how to post as well! :(

Post edited by minnow3d on
  • Sucess! thank you mCasual! 

• mumia76mumia76 Posts: 146

Hi, is this tool compatible with genesis 8? I've been trying it with that, and it refuses to work. It says I did not select proper nodes.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited May 2021

mumia76 said:

Hi, is this tool compatible with genesis 8? IYes've been trying it with that, and it refuses to work. It says I did not select proper nodes.

yes it works with Genesis up to 8 

typical use

there's a ball on the table and i want the right hand to grab it

create a null node 

place it approximately where you want the hand (wrist) to be

select the null node followed by the figure's rHand joint

run the script mcjAutolimb2015

click on the  DoIt button and the arm pose should change so that the wrist reaches the target location (null node )

you can also select any finger bone or objects parented to the hand as the targeter

in our example the targeter was the figure's hand

but it could also be a null node parented to the point of a sword which is parented to the hand

this way you could select the ball(target) followed by the null at the point of the sword (targeter)

and mcjAutolimb will pose the arm so that the point of the sword reaches the ball

autolimb2021.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 975K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • mumia76mumia76 Posts: 146
    edited May 2021

mCasual said:

mumia76 said:

Hi, is this tool compatible with genesis 8? IYes've been trying it with that, and it refuses to work. It says I did not select proper nodes.

yes it works with Genesis up to 8 

typical use

there's a ball on the table and i want the right hand to grab it

create a null node 

place it approximately where you want the hand (wrist) to be

select the null node followed by the figure's rHand joint

run the script mcjAutolimb2015

click on the  DoIt button and the arm pose should change so that the wrist reaches the target location (null node )

Thanks, It works now, the problem was that there was a deprecated version also installed, and I was trying to run that it seems. 

Post edited by mumia76 on

just re-confirming that mcjAutolimb2015 works with Genesis 8
    but you have to read the release pages
    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjautolimb
    and
    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts6/mcjautolimb2015
    important tricks like, un-limiting thigh and shoulder rotations
    important tricks like, adjusting limits so that a forearm or shin ist allowed to be bent from -15 degrees to 135 degrees, because a -15 degrees-bent forearm, and a +15 degrees-bent forearm give you the same limb length ( limb-length = shoulder-to-hand distance ) and the script wasn't told which angle to pick between the two

i made a movie (well you know ) from the test animation, you know, put it to good use and stuff

• I love mcjOptimalPoseA. But I have run into a problem. If I use a Rigid Follow Node as the target, or anything parented to it, the script works perfectly for any single frame (ie "GO"), but it doesn't move the item to the right place when I use "GO playrange". In fact it messes up the good positioning achieved using just "GO".

So, I have to step through each frame and use GO (ouch!). (I'm using a Rigid Follow Node because a null parented to the target bone doesn't stay in a completely fixed place on the surface).

Is it just me that has this problem? And is there the possibilty of a fix?

i'll check it, note that i wrote a daz script named mcjApplique which is similar to the rigid follow nodes, though i didnt know it existed in D|S

but it's different so it can do different things https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjapplique

to get something to follow something else position/orientation i use mcjParent ( you dont need to parent it but you can )

i'll check mcjOptimalPoseA but maybe it's because the rigid-follow-node position at frame 30 is possibly only computed when the current frame is frame 30

for some scripts i think i had to modify them so they cycle through the frames frame by frame before each optimization

there's also my mcjHoldOn script which combined with mcjAutoLimb2016 that lets you for example have a hand grab a shoulder that's moving

gordonjolly42 said:

I love mcjOptimalPoseA. But I have run into a problem. If I use a Rigid Follow Node as the target, or anything parented to it, the script works perfectly for any single frame (ie "GO"), but it doesn't move the item to the right place when I use "GO playrange". In fact it messes up the good positioning achieved using just "GO".

So, I have to step through each frame and use GO (ouch!). (I'm using a Rigid Follow Node because a null parented to the target bone doesn't stay in a completely fixed place on the surface).

• Thanks for the quick response, mCasual. I'll give mcjApplique a go as it seems to be just what I want - might be a few days before I get a chance though! 

mCasual said:

i'll check it, note that i wrote a daz script named mcjApplique which is similar to the rigid follow nodes, though i didnt know it existed in D|S

but it's different so it can do different things https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjapplique

to get something to follow something else position/orientation i use mcjParent ( you dont need to parent it but you can )

i'll check mcjOptimalPoseA but maybe it's because the rigid-follow-node position at frame 30 is possibly only computed when the current frame is frame 30

for some scripts i think i had to modify them so they cycle through the frames frame by frame before each optimization

there's also my mcjHoldOn script which combined with mcjAutoLimb2016 that lets you for example have a hand grab a shoulder that's moving

gordonjolly42 said:

I love mcjOptimalPoseA. But I have run into a problem. If I use a Rigid Follow Node as the target, or anything parented to it, the script works perfectly for any single frame (ie "GO"), but it doesn't move the item to the right place when I use "GO playrange". In fact it messes up the good positioning achieved using just "GO".

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,596

Your stuff is always great. Thank you for your hard work.

edited July 2022

welcome, i must say i use it a lot too and wouldnt be able to make my dance loops in a few hours :)

here's the kit of scripts i used for  this loop-animation

mcjAutoLimb2015

mcjMakeTarget

mcjParent

mcjCycleFilter / SceneGraf plugin - to view/generate/tweak/smoothen the animation curves

mcjLookAtTheCamera

mcjStareAtTheCam

mcjMirrorLimbAnim

mcjPropagate (rarely used but to get the chest-neck rotations to follow the abdomen rotations with a delay it was useful, also the forearm-to-hand 

mcjHoldOn (not this time though since she's not "holding on" to anything)

mcjOptimalPoseA, to re-pose the hip rotations, so that the feet stay in place ( because i accidentally lost the hip rotations)

and that's about it

(plus short scripts i wrote as needed)

ex: this script which copies the left eye blinks to the right eye blinks of the selected head

works fot v3 v4 generations but probably not Genesis, due to different names for the blink properties

node = Scene.getPrimarySelection()
    var tick = Scene.getTimeStep() * 1;
    propR = node.findProperty( "Blink Right" );
    propL = node.findProperty( "Blink Left" );
    for( fr = 0; fr <= 300; fr ++ )
    {
    t = tick * fr
    propR.setValue( t, propL.getValue( t ) )
    }

Silver Dolphin said:

Your stuff is always great. Thank you for your hard work.

Post edited by mCasual on
  • The download link is dead. This script is dead?

• villko05 said:

The download link is dead. This script is dead?

It's not dead, it's just an old link, all you had to do was google it.
    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts7/mcjapplique ;

• It's VPN causing google links to fail to download. Anyone's using VPN and if you can't download the file, turn it off.