Daz Studio 4.9 no longer in beta?

XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
edited November 2015 in The Commons

Greetings. I updated the Daz Studio 4.9 this morning and noticed it is no longer in beta mode. May someone direct me as to where I may find some of the improvements made since the last beta?

Thanks.

Post edited by XpiderMan on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

AFAIK it is still in beta   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66558/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-9-0-44#latest

Discussions on the Beta are in the Daz Studio Forum.

• Oh, it is because I saw this last night...

so this morning I installed the update from the Download Manager and I no longer see the orage/red box with the word "Beta" when I'm loading the software.

Capture.PNG
    628 x 390 - 614K
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114
    XpiderMan said:

Oh, it is because I saw this last night...

so this morning I installed the update from the Download Manager and I no longer see the orage/red box with the word "Beta" when I'm loading the software.

You cropped the part at the bottom off that has the build info.

The private build is further along than the pubilc, so no telling when it will go live.

Here's  the change log page

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

:)

Untitled.jpg
    648 x 487 - 153K
  • Sorry, my bad. I thought the word "beta" was what determined that. Thanks.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

4.9.0.41  had some of the art work updated, I assume thats when the "beta" was removed from it.

just keep an eye on the change log page, when you see "RC" added to a version number it's a "release canidate"

if all goes well with the RC, it most likely will become the next release version.

here is the changelog that the 4.8 version went through before it was released just so you can see an example of what it would look like

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_8_0_59

I've not seen an RC for the 4.9 line yet.

unless the versioning system has changed, I think we will see the RC's showing up in the current change log before a new version goes live.

From the looks of it, we are getting some very nice features

here are a few of them

• Added a “Browse to folder location…” action to the Content Library context menu for cloud installed products; quick access to textures, etc.

• Added a “Browse to folder location…” action to the Smart Content context menu for cloud installed products; quick access to textures, etc.

• Added a “Browse to file location…” action to the Smart Content context menus for assets

• Update NVIDIA Iray to 2015.3.4

• Added support for saving/loading/managing/displaying filters on the Smart Content, Parameters, Posing, Shaping, Surfaces, Cameras, Lights, Render Settings, Draw Settings and Property Hierarchy panes

I can't wait for this new version :)