question about free SF meshes

A while back, I found a website with meshes from a lot of common SF shows and movies.  It was not ShareCG (which is great), but another site.  I thought it was www.scifi-meshes.com or vanishing point.  But www.scifi-meshes.com doesn't seem to have any downloads, just discussionsa and images and Vanishing  Point seems to be mostly textures and a very few meshes. 

Any one have any ideas about what site I may have seen? 

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited November 2015

(whoops! post deleted - commercial site, and you've mentioned it already)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • prixatprixat Posts: 1,585

I think it would be foundation3d.com

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

It may have been the Celestia Motherlode.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

scifi-meshes.com used to have some but one had to follow the breadcrumbs to find them. Right now the link is just taking one to the forums so ? what happened there however it is "normal" before big releases, etc. for a lot of things to vanish on the 'Net.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Sent to Prduct suggestions at less than warp speed because it was a question about, not an offer of, free SF meshes.

• scifi-meshes.com used to have some but one had to follow the breadcrumbs to find them. Right now the link is just taking one to the forums so ?

Isn't that the site where you can't download stuff from links until you post enough in the forums to prove you aren't a spambot? I know there's at least one like that in my bookmarks list, but I can't remember the name.