4.5 Content Library Tab, Sluggish Updating

DWGDWG Posts: 770
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

This morning I've been popping back and forth between the Content Library and Scene tabs (which overly each other in my setup), autofitting shoes to Genesis, and tweaking and saving the shoes where the conversion is acceptible (there's a handful I think are actually improved by the process!).

I'm finding that as I flip back to the Content Library from Scene, the updating of the contents window has gradually become sluggish , or even non-existent. Changing folders can trigger it, but it make take several repeats.

ETA: For clarity, I'm just moving back to Content Library, not changing content folders, and the contents of the current folder are either slow to be displayed, or aren't displayed at all.

Anyone seeing similar behaviour?

Post edited by DWG on

Comments

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I've now realised that I can force the display to update by right-clicking, but that does tend to confirm a contents update isn't happening automatically on switching overlying tabs.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi DWG...

Sorry for the late response... I first started noticing this same behavior many months ago in 4.0Pro, It started out of nowhere and I just brushed it off as a lack of memory on my main computer (4 gigs) and the fact that I would have several Apps open at the same time, (DS, Blender, Gimp, LibreOffice...)

I have 4.5 on a different computer with only 2 gigs ram and hadn't had this occur until just the other nite. It had been refreshing the content pane just fine until then. Again, I just figured it was due to the low ram.

But it is odd now that I think about it for it to just start doing that all of a sudden... :roll: