Free DAZ Studio curved backdrop prop

Tako YakidaTako Yakida Posts: 548
edited November 2015 in Freebies

Just thought I'd share a little something I find useful. 

It's UV mapped so you can apply any image of choice to add some zest to the background.

It's a DS prop but you can grab the obj from the Geometries folder if you want to import elsewhere.

Download here!

Post edited by Tako Yakida on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

Thank you.

Not a problem however we would all have to use the .obj file as the data file is not there.

• No problem. Should be fixed now.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Thanks Tako

• KalisxKalisx Posts: 112

Thank you +++

Very useful.

• You're welcome Szark and Kalisx! :)

• Here's a better example of the prop in use:

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Thanks for this. :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

Thank you very much :-)

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

very nice

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited November 2015

gonna use it right now thanks ! :)

( render soon ... ) ... done 

geometry.png
    800 x 600 - 799K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • You're welcome guys!

Nice shadow effect there mC!

:)

• Tako YakidaTako Yakida Posts: 548
    edited December 2015

I decided to add a free background to the prop. 

Here's what it looks like now:

• thank you very much !

• No problem :)

• Can't find /data/Tako Yakida/Product/Curved Backdrop/curved backdrop.dsf error on a Mac.  File is in exact location, 20KB.  Any ideas?

• Goodness, I've never used a mac. It is 20kb on mine as well. Don't know why it would think its not there, sorry! 

I bet someone wold know in the DAZ Studio Discussion forum or New Users forum though.

My only solution would be to re-import the .obj directly, scale it to taste, add a diffuse texture if you feel like it or leave it blank, then save as a prop newly. Perhaps it will work that way.

• Importing the obj file and saving as a Figure/Prop worked fine.  I saw patience55's comment above but didn't really understand.  Not sure about the diffuse texture either but I've got it loaded.  Could it be some kind of syntax issue in the duf file?  Anyway, thank you very much for your help, I'm looking forward to using it.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Thanks for this I am going to use it in my next render of the new year!!

edited December 2015

Importing the obj file and saving as a Figure/Prop worked fine.  I saw patience55's comment above but didn't really understand.  Not sure about the diffuse texture either but I've got it loaded.  Could it be some kind of syntax issue in the duf file?  Anyway, thank you very much for your help, I'm looking forward to using it.

I'm thinking the direction of the slashes might possibly have something to do with it. PC vs Mac directory paths might look different.... I could be totally off on that though.
    Patient's comment was referring to the origal zip file missing the data files (dsf) to go with the duf, which I fixed afterwards, so no worries there.

For the diffuse, you can go to your surfaces tab and go to diffuse, then click the little square then you can choose what image to use.

You can save it as prop that way to always load that texture or create new presets using the file, save as, material preset menu option.

Thanks for this I am going to use it in my next render of the new year!!

You're welcome, Saphire! May it bring you many great renders!

• Thank you for this!

• You're welcome!

• Love it. Am using it in Poser and it's come in very handy!

Glad to hear it! Thank you for your support!

• Many thanks for sharing!

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693

Just thought I'd share a little something I find useful. 

It's UV mapped so you can apply any image of choice to add some zest to the background.

It's a DS prop but you can grab the obj from the Geometries folder if you want to import elsewhere.

Download here!

I downloaded this, and did as the readme file said and put it into the My Daz 3D Library folder.  When I open Daz Studio, I cannot find it anywhere, it isn't even showing up in the Content Library. 

•  

I am a little lost here with this background drop.

I have instralled it into my DAZ Studio 4.12, into My Library folder.... but I am unable to find it. This is weird.

Where is it stored?

Where do I find it?

Thank you in advance for your help

• Thank you it is a nice freebie. It is great just the way it is. Just go to your shaders and add the shader of your choice and render. This works better than textures.

•  

I am a little lost here with this background drop.

I have instralled it into my DAZ Studio 4.12, into My Library folder.... but I am unable to find it. This is weird.

Where is it stored?

Where do I find it?

Thank you in advance for your help

The 3 folders would be put directly into "My Library" ... so the item would be found in the Content Library Panel under Props > TakoYakida > Freebies

Also under Runtime in the Geometries folder is the .obj file for anybody wanting to use that.

Now that is an older item, so if it is not showing up in D/S, import the .obj and save it as a D/S prop file.

• I keep getting that !Oops this site has expired! when I go to download! Cheers

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
    edited December 2019

I keep getting that !Oops this site has expired! when I go to download! Cheers

Yes but on that page one can still access the download link ;-)    You're right, they've veiled access to the page. Yesterday we could still click on the download link.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on