BVH importer scripted?

Anyone know if these options are exposed in DAZ Script?

It is a pain to load the bone mapping every time I need to import a bvh.

Comments

• If no script is possible you could still record your mouse movements and clicks into a re-playable one-click macro. JitBit Macro for Windows will do that, for instance. I believe there's also some Windows freeware for making macros like that.

• cain-xcain-x Posts: 159

Thanks for the tips.

I did some sleuthing and found that the BVH mappings are contained in Windows Registry (why????).

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ\Studio4\BVHIO

I was able to re-order the list of maps but I wish it would use it as the default map from initial import.

• cain-x said:

Thanks for the tips.

I did some sleuthing and found that the BVH mappings are contained in Windows Registry (why????).

I was able to re-order the list of maps but I wish it would use it as the default map from initial import.

As thus is not documented it is by no means certain to remain there, especially as one of the devs shares your view.

Thanks, that's great to hear there may be some new improvements there.

Just wanted to note this as I had ChatGPT write a powershell script to rename the bones so they match exactly as Gen 8.1. Then I reloaded the bvh into the scene without using any custom map, it keeps mapping the wrong parts like using carpals and metatarsals instead of hands and feet... It is very bizarre behavior. It seems the automatic mappings are just broken and I am forced to use a loaded map.

• Presumably the ChatGPT script is NBG - considering that ChatGPT has offred Pythin scripts when asked for a script for DS I would not have great hopes for it.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

cain-x said:

Thanks for the tips.

It looks like the order of maps is stored in the "Maps" key.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4\BVHIO]
    "Maps"="my_map1;my_map2;my_map3;"

Use regedit to edit it, and put the name of the map you want at the beginning of the string, separated by semicolons.

• Seven193 said:

cain-x said:

Thanks for the tips.

Use regedit to edit it, and put the name of the map you want at the beginning of the string, separated by semicolons.

See https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8486766/#Comment_8486766

Seven193 said:

cain-x said:

Thanks for the tips.

I have already done that to save me a click or two - what I was really hoping for is when I drag and drop the bvh into the figure, it would default to that mapping from the get go.