Restaurant Terrace - No Entrance

I have installed the Terrace, but i found no Entrance.

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I see no toilet either. devil

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603
    edited December 2023

Wouldn't be the first environment to trap your poor Genesis figures inside. You just need to be a little creative and find a replacement door from elsewhere - this one is a little foreboding but it was the first suitable one that popped up in my library.

As for the toilets .... well perhaps that is why there are so many flowerbeds?

Terrace-Door.jpg
    1485 x 1050 - 224K
    Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 293
    edited December 2023

Thank you, it's been a bad day and I needed the laugh.

More seriously, I agree with you that this is a particularly egregious "set has no door" example to add to my collection. I'm looking at it in Studio in the other window as I type this. Not only does it not have any doors which open, it doesn't have any visible doors at all!

I would do as SofaCitizen has done, turn off the back wall entirely, and find a different back wall to kitbash in. But it's amazing how many sets I use in my stories where the viewer has only ever seen three walls of the set ... and sometimes only two!

Post edited by columbine on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,584

...it's free and yes, a little kitbashing does wonders. 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603
    edited December 2023

Ahh, yes, you can remove the wall. Maybe you can also have it open to the street? In that case you do need to find a way to get food to the people that can now enter but that can be solved with some other assets too!

Terrace-Kitchen.jpg
    1422 x 800 - 163K
    Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • kyoto kid said:

No, although it is very low cost it is not quite free. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733

kyoto kid said:

It's $2.99 actually. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,444

oh well. Passing on this, although its a wide open seating area. No door needed. 

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009
    edited December 2023

columbine said:

More seriously, I agree with you that this is a particularly egregious "set has no door" example to add to my collection.

At the risk of giving away my age:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly7kd9b6wLM

Van der Graaf Generator may not be a household name. Second album I bought.

Post edited by James_H on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited December 2023

It looks like a hotel outdoor dining so the entrance wouldn't be from the street but from one or all of the glass doorways. It feels vaguely familiar to me, like I've been there. I wonder what it's based on...

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,325

Wonderland said:

It looks like a hotel outdoor dining so the entrance wouldn't be from the street but from one or all of the glass doorways. It feels vaguely familiar to me, like I've been there. I wonder what it's based on...

Of course - the glass doors are the entrance; they lead into the interior of the café.
    The environment reminds me a little of Jack Tomalin's 'Platea'.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,584
    edited December 2023

Taoz said:

kyoto kid said:

It's $2.99 actually. 

...well, given the prices for many items here, 2.99$ (discounted to just over 2$ with punches), seems almost "free".    

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

kyoto kid said:

Taoz said:

kyoto kid said:

It's $2.99 actually. 

...well, given the prices for many items here, 2.99$ (discounted to just over 2$ with punches), seems almost "free".    

No it cost money its not free - doesn't matter how little it is if you have no spare income its still more than I can afford. 

• Its very similar to the restaurant courtyard in an upscale mall & hotel in a city I used to live in, so most likely the entrance is meant to be through one of the glass doors. Although as suggested, another can be kitbashed 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

Right... glass door. Just rig the glass doors to open rather than letting people jump in ~~cheeky