XMas Advent Calendar offer me figure I just purchased

airjoeairjoe Posts: 13
edited November 2023 in The Commons

Hello,

I bought a bunch of figures on my last order ( DA23-1129-54B4-AAEC-3A34 ), which includes the figure :Shangrila" for Gen3&8.
Now the Advent Calendar offers me a free Pixie figure or the chance to buy the figure "Shangrila" for Gen3&8 once again for $2.99 .
Aren't these offers automatically generated for each user ? Seems a little weird to sell me the same item again. No provisions for that in the code I assume :) .

If this is the way it is, so be it. If not, I'd love to get a figure for $2.99 or perhaps another item.

Thanks and have a great holiday.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,605

I assumed they were fixed for everyone but I got two different things to you so I guess not. However, they may not be that dynamic and are generated at an earlier time and so it was picked for you before you purchased the figure?

• Moved to the Commons as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

The system has had some attention today, they hope tomorrow's selection will not be items people already own.

• airjoeairjoe Posts: 13

Thanks.

Looks like I lost the punch thing the next day too. Not sure I'm a fan of this promotion, so I'll just be checking in occasionaly.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606

I got a free item I already purchased a long time ago. So if the system selects something depeding on what we have purchased in the past then there is something wrong. I therefore don't expect to get any free item I don't have... Too bad because it's a missed opportunity for me and for Daz.

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 493
    I put my choice of free item in my cart this morning and had to get back to work. Now its night and i was ready to check out, and it's not free anymore. I still have my 3 punches as well. So removed the item, added the $2.99 item.... and its not $2.99. Not sure why it's not working.
  • DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 493
    Update, i refreshed the ad page a few times and ended up having 2 Nov. 29 squares. I clicked the 2nd one and the same 2 items appeared. This time i was able to get the free one for free.
  • My gifts were a Genesis 2 item and an item I already own.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

My gifts were one $2.99 item I own and 'Victory for Genesis 2' for free which remains resolutely at $14plus in the basket. And I get two Nov 30ths today, two 29ths yesterday -but I am looking before Daz midnight from the UK. So perhaps the coding is confused by time zones. I am certainly confused.

At least it isn't fattening.