So Silky HairStyle - Poser only?

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Would somebody who has or knows please confirm this. Is it just that there are no D/S mats included or does this hair really not work in D/S.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/fast-grab-3d-models/so-silky-hairstyle

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It does seem to be very definite that it is not compatible with DS, but I don't have it so can't be sure. It does seem very strange, as it is a HR 2

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Just tried it in DS 3.1, and it seems to work allright though there are som artifacts where the hair meets the shoulders which I do not see in Poser. Don't know if it can be fixed or if it is there in other versions of DS.

--

sosilky2.jpg
    434 x 329 - 24K
    sosilky1.jpg
    448 x 590 - 41K
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited August 2012

Those artifacts usually mean the transmaps have a line of non black pixels along an edge, you might need to use the tile offset in the surface tab to hide it.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much everybody. Downloading...

I've encountered that type of edge situation before and so far it's been an easy fix using an image editor to blacken/whiten as needed and it should be be okay then.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Those artifacts usually mean the transmaps have a line of non black pixels along an edge, you might need to use the tile offset in the surface tab to hide it.

Yes, that seems to fix it. There are two entries of Silky Hair under Surfaces though, why is that?

Anyway, you must select each entry and then set Tiling>Vertical Offset to -0.010 on both (just click "-" once).

sosilky5.jpg
    317 x 198 - 16K
    sosilky3.jpg
    361 x 303 - 15K
    sosilky4.jpg
    361 x 303 - 15K