Poser 11 - Cliff Notes

Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
edited November 2015 in Poser Discussion

Hi everyone.

While I can't hope to have the free time to keep up with the rate I used to post at, or the rate of other "Poser Ambassadors", I thought I'd try starting a thread to show some of the stuff that I persoanlly like most in the new Poser 11.

Starting with the Custom Parameters Palette feature.

In Poser 11, one can create a Parameters Palette which contains the parameters you want from the body parts YOU are interested in working with off the "Window" menu:

Image1.png
1920 x 998 - 548K
Post edited by Cliff Bowman on

Comments

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited November 2015

This gives you, simply, an empty Parameters Palette window:

Image2.png
    184 x 266 - 2K
    Post edited by Cliff Bowman on
  • With a body part selected (for example, the Hip), just drag the parameters YOU want to access a lot over to the new palette and drop them!

Image3.png
    1920 x 998 - 562K
  • Once you've got all the parameters from one body part that you want, go ahead and select another body part - and drag any desired parameters over from there too. The result is a Parameters Palette specifically designed to hold the parameters that you need for a specific job/task/whatever.

Cheers,

Cliff

Image4.png
    184 x 361 - 6K
  • OK - that's the feature I wantesd to post as it's my favourite new feature, and it seems to work brilliantly. But what do I DO with it? Well, anyone who knows me knows that "Everything Must Go" - I really like working on walk cycles, for example, and Python scripts, but different figures have different names for body parets (most noticable between bipedal and quadropedal figures). A little while ago I started working on a "Walk Builder" python script to reduce some of the tedium on designing different walks for figures with different names, because it gets to be a real drag flipping around selecting different body parts to adjust this, that, and the other. So this feature should be a real boon to me to speed up at least the initial stages of getting a pose, an animation, or even a walk cycle done with much less effort put in to telling the computer what I want to work on and so more time spent on the actual pose/animation I want to accomplish.

Cheers,

Cliff