Free Aiko 3 & V3 Carrara Procedural Skin Textures

evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
edited November 2015 in Carrara Discussion

This is a rework of my original Procedural Skin texture built on a V4. The original V4 thread is here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46128/new-carrara-freebie-procedural-skin-shader/p1

This version is built using an Aiko 3 model as a base. I also used Carrara's hair system to create eyebrows and eyelashes. You can get the set for free, here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/82693/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Carrara-A3-Procedural-Skin-Shaders

This is a procedural texture set, so the base skin can be used on any model, no matter the UVs, but since this is a multi-domain texture set, the different shaders that define different effects for different parts of the body need to match the UVs for that particular model.

There are three black and white image maps in this set. One is to define where the eyebrow hair grows, and the other two act as masks to soften the transitions between the nipple/torso shading domain, and the lips/face shading domain. The maps should be saved internally within the shaders, but I have included them in case anybody wants to edit them.

I have to put my Genesis 2 conversion on hold until I can get another computer that can use C8.5. If anybody else wishes to do a conversion and share it, that would be awesome!

A3 Proc-bunny promo.jpg
1500 x 2000 - 926K
A3 proc promo-1.jpg
1500 x 2000 - 810K
Post edited by evilproducer on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

luv Aiko :D

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Thanks I may try toiying with it.

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165

These look lovely!  A3 is my  favorite character, and Carrara is my favorite 3D program, so this is awesome.  Thanks a bunch! :)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited November 2015

Cool!

Looks like the A3 Shaders and dynamic hair eyebrows and eyelashes will work on V3 as well. I figured the skin shaders would, but I wasn't sure if the differences in the morphology of the mesh would bork the eyebrows.

Here's a couple renders with A3 and V3 together. The first is no GI, and the second uses the Skylight and an hdri.

V3-A3Promo copy.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    V3-A3Promo02.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks Evil!!!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

The Generation 3 is my favorite for animations, many thanks for this Kevin !

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

Thank you.  Very generous.