Suggestion: Installation Manager Improvement

ZombieLoveZombieLove Posts: 31

Please allow the Installation Manager to be able to install content in another managed daz install location without having to uninstall it from it's current location. Use case: I am trying to make a "light" version of the base genesis product and want that managed in a seperate daz directory. I have already mapped the directory in both studio and install manager but the only way to move the content is to remove thecontent from the installed directory and reinstall it OR unmap the original directory from daz install manager and proceed as a fresh install... both of these could be more easily handled through the tool if you allowed us to install to a second directory (even if the content would be in two places now).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Swap the Manifests folder too, then it won't see the existing installs (and ideally the database Content Cluster too). Daz Studio itself already supports alternative installation/content set-ups for content installed through itself - those can be swapped simply by selecting a different set in Content Directory manager..

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271
    edited November 2023

Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thanks for the comment, I know I am late in thanking you but I am bad at following up and finally found out how to see topics I started (I know, I'm lame lol). I followed your advice and it works. Thanks so much!!