Nuclear Power Plant Control Room [commercial!]

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
edited November 2015 in Daz PA Commercial Products

David Brinnen and ForbiddenWhispers present a beautifullly detailed, historically accurate nuclear power plant control room. Complete with fallout shelter, control room, and two cellar rooms. Each cellar room is colour coded, one in dark red and the other in mustard yellow.

Additional details include a stunning art deco glass ceiling, entrance and exit doors as well as tables with the option of having blueprint textures or not. All doors are rigged to open and close.

Full native poser support and DAZ Studio support, with 3Delight & Iray MATs throughout.

This model also includes light emitter MAT zones, as well as a portal MAT zone for those wanting to fake natural and false light.

Now here! http://www.daz3d.com/nuclear-power-plant-control-room

Anna & David

Promo02.jpg
1300 x 500 - 428K
Promo13.jpg
1300 x 500 - 371K
Promo18.jpg
700 x 910 - 372K
Promo14.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 519K
Promo08.jpg
1300 x 500 - 359K
Promo03.jpg
500 x 1300 - 311K
Promo12.jpg
500 x 1300 - 219K
Promo15.jpg
1300 x 650 - 454K
Promo16.jpg
1300 x 650 - 374K
Promo06.jpg
700 x 910 - 489K
Promo19D.jpg
700 x 910 - 705K
Promo05.jpg
700 x 910 - 447K
Promo19C.jpg
910 x 700 - 620K
Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on

Comments

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    OMG this looks AWESOME!! Already a must have for me!!!
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

I would probably grab this for that ceiling piece alone!

Really cool looking.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705

Cool!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

I love the ceiling too :)

• Thank you. We're so pleased you like it.....

A few more shots.

Promo07.jpg
    700 x 910 - 442K
    Promo09.jpg
    1300 x 500 - 354K
    Promo10.jpg
    1300 x 500 - 337K
    Promo17.jpg
    1300 x 650 - 402K
    Promo19A.jpg
    700 x 910 - 626K
    Promo11.jpg
    1300 x 800 - 600K
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Darn it!! Sooner than I expected, should have worked harder on my renders for the October newbie contest wink! Still, wish listed till payday.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Historically accurate to what?

• fastbike1 said:

This place actually exists, it's not just a hashed up assumption on what we think a nuclear power plant control room looks like from our artistic POV. It's a like to like copy, down to the last detail. 

• I admit, I'm intrigued what kind of nuclear power plant has a fragile glass roof like that! Glad you provided the option to make it look like more of a conventional ceiling. :)

• I admit, I'm intrigued what kind of nuclear power plant has a fragile glass roof like that! Glad you provided the option to make it look like more of a conventional ceiling. :)

It's a popular design choice. Alot of the ones we looked at modelling had big open glass ceiling sky lights. Mainly square and rectangular in shape.

Of what nuclear power plant control room? Having been in several nuclear power plant control rooms, from some the oldest nuclear plants in the US to some of the newest nuclear plants in the US, none of them look like that. None of them have a glass ceiling. At a minimum, won't pass seismic design standards. NOne of tehm have such a lack of alarm panels and indications. I have also seen photos of a few European plants and they don't look like this either. None have "fallout shelters".

fastbike1 said:

This place actually exists, it's not just a hashed up assumption on what we think a nuclear power plant control room looks like from our artistic POV. It's a like to like copy, down to the last detail. 

edited November 2015
    fastbike1 said:

Of what nuclear power plant control room? Having been in several nuclear power plant control rooms, from some the oldest nuclear plants in the US to some of the newest nuclear plants in the US, none of them look like that. None of them have a glass ceiling. At a minimum, won't pass seismic design standards. NOne of tehm have such a lack of alarm panels and indications. I have also seen photos of a few European plants and they don't look like this either. None have "fallout shelters".

fastbike1 said:

It looks like this: http://gizmodo.com/a-rare-glimpse-inside-a-magnificent-abandoned-shrine-t-1000133696

But I don't think this one is a nuclear power plant...

Post edited by Leana on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Leana said:
    fastbike1 said:
    fastbike1 said:

It looks like this: http://gizmodo.com/a-rare-glimpse-inside-a-magnificent-abandoned-shrine-t-1000133696

It's not nuclear (it's like...90-something years old) but it is a power plant, and I'm entirely okay with the tiny amount of artistic license to add the word 'nuclear'.  It's a frickin' fanTAStic set-piece, and a historically accurate power plant.

Gorgeous work, from a byegone age when nobody would even have thought of the security concerns of having a glass roof over your power station's control center...

--  Morgan

• CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

Leana said:
    fastbike1 said:
    fastbike1 said:

It's not nuclear (it's like...90-something years old) but it is a power plant, and I'm entirely okay with the tiny amount of artistic license to add the word 'nuclear'.  It's a frickin' fanTAStic set-piece, and a historically accurate power plant.

Gorgeous work, from a byegone age when nobody would even have thought of the security concerns of having a glass roof over your power station's control center...

--  Morgan

Thank you.  Like I said to vendor friends when we were making this it doesn't have to be usedin renders as a power plant. It could be a laboratory if you used your imagination. A evil villain's hideout and the rooms below could double up as interrogation rooms..... 

The research I did said most the rooms like this with the glass ceiling are russian based. The modern control rooms even copy the old design but with Lighting panels instead of glass ceilings. 

It's not artistic license when "historically accurate" is added, then then defended in an answer. It also doesn't match any of the photos I have seen of current Russian design nuclear plants. Make no mistake, I think it is a wonderful set. I would have no comments if either the word " nuclear" or " historically accurate" were not used. Especially the embellishment of fallout shelter etc. When a PA says accurate, I expect accurate.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2015

Did you see the link I posted    http://www.123rf.com/photo_29810921_control-room-in-an-abandoned-power-plant.html

I think it is the same one as Leana poxted a link to, but does have reference to it being Nuclear.

Post edited by Chohole on
    fastbike1 said:

It's not artistic license when "historically accurate" is added, then then defended in an answer. It also doesn't match any of the photos I have seen of current Russian design nuclear plants. Make no mistake, I think it is a wonderful set. I would have no comments if either the word " nuclear" or " historically accurate" were not used. Especially the embellishment of fallout shelter etc. When a PA says accurate, I expect accurate.

If you compare photos of the power plant I linked to and the promo pics you can see it's definitely an accurate copy. Now I agree that if it's the case then it's not a nuclear plant, unless that control room has a "twin" somewhere else.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited November 2015

I admit, I'm intrigued what kind of nuclear power plant has a fragile glass roof like that! Glad you provided the option to make it look like more of a conventional ceiling. :)

If the shit hits the fan, glass or most other roof-types would be kinda pointless; at least it looks cool.

CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

Leana said:
    fastbike1 said:
    fastbike1 said:

--  Morgan

Completely agree; one can find art anywhere, and can only say thank you to ForbiddenWhispers for bringing it to our attention.

Post edited by nicstt on

Those are generic keywords. Suit yourselves, I have 41 years in the nuclear power industry and it's not a nuclear control room. It's a great product and doesn't need a distorted, hyped, or "artistic license" description. 

Chohole said:

Did you see the link I posted    http://www.123rf.com/photo_29810921_control-room-in-an-abandoned-power-plant.html

I think it is the same one as Leana poxted a link to, but does have reference to it being Nuclear.