Code 66 Toolbox - Volume 4 Released - [Commercial]

TotteTotte Posts: 13,702
edited October 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

It is time to add some more interesting tools to your everygrowing Daz Studio Toolbox.

Coming soon to the Daz Store

 

C66 TB Arranger - arrange items 


C66TB Frame2Pose - Convert one or many fames of an animation into poses.

C66TB SubD Optimizer - Optimize SubD level of items based on distance from camera or DOF settings.



C66TB Lights Converter - Easy way to convert non Iray lightsets to photometric.


 

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 349K
popup03.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 192K
popup04.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 172K
popup05.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 156K
popup07.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 212K
popup08.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 209K
Post edited by Totte on

Comments

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,935

    Money being reserved in my store credit. Love the arranger and the light thingie. Others I will need my brain on to appreciate when I see them.

    Thank you Totte.

    Mary

  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,702

    Toolbox Volume 4 now available: https://www.daz3d.com/code-66-toolbox--volume-4

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,935
    edited October 2023

    Totte, I have tried to add Toolbox - Vol 4 to the C66 Toolbox but while I get the first popup notice, I am not getting the second one that says it has been added. I have one computer where I had failed to add Vol 3 and it worked just fine with version 1.0.0.4,  but the new Vol 4 has 1.0.0.5 and that is where the second popup is not occuring.

     

    I should add that this is happening on both my Win 10 and Mac OS computers and the 4.21.0.5 (Mac OS Sonoma 14.0)and 4.21.1.104 (Win 10). I also get the joy of my MacBookPro M1 crashing each time the script adds the Toolbox. It does add it though. Sigh.

    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,702

    memcneil70 said:

    Totte, I have tried to add Toolbox - Vol 4 to the C66 Toolbox but while I get the first popup notice, I am not getting the second one that says it has been added. I have one computer where I had failed to add Vol 3 and it worked just fine with version 1.0.0.3,  but the new Vol 4 has 1.0.0.5 and that is where the second popup is not occuring.

    This happens when Update and Merge Menues fails (I just havent figured why it happens for some, might be that is hasn't been run after a Studio update), run it manually from the menu Window->Workspace->Update and merge Menues

     

     

  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,522

    It looks like another set of useful tools; but I am confused by the 'Duplicator'. Whats the difference between that and simply adding the item a second (or more) times?

  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,702

    Charlie Judge said:

    It looks like another set of useful tools; but I am confused by the 'Duplicator'. Whats the difference between that and simply adding the item a second (or more) times?

    The idea came from another PA that needed to place a bunch of items (for showing textures) in a prefect grid.
    The difference between Duplicator and form example Grid Spawn is that it does not create instances. 
    It probably more useful for PAs who want to show the same jacket with 12 different materials and have them perfectly placed in a 2 by 6 grid.

     

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,935

    Totte said:

    memcneil70 said:

    Totte, I have tried to add Toolbox - Vol 4 to the C66 Toolbox but while I get the first popup notice, I am not getting the second one that says it has been added. I have one computer where I had failed to add Vol 3 and it worked just fine with version 1.0.0.3,  but the new Vol 4 has 1.0.0.5 and that is where the second popup is not occuring.

    This happens when Update and Merge Menues fails (I just havent figured why it happens for some, might be that is hasn't been run after a Studio update), run it manually from the menu Window->Workspace->Update and merge Menues

     

     

    I have run Update and Merge Menus (you are right, I have forgotten to run them) but the attempt to load Vol 4 to C66 Toolbox only achieved the first popup and no second popup. I do want to point out that Vol 3 did load properly with the previous version of your load script.

    Mary 

  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,702

    Each load script loads it's own menus, for the one with Vol 3 loads for Vol 3, the one with Vol 4 loads for Vol 4 

     

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,935

    Yes. The one for Vol 4 is not loading, even after running merge menus.

    I am only bringing up Vol 3 because I had one computer with Vol 3 that I had not added it to C66 Toolbox and was able to use its install script successfully today.

  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,702

    I'm testing on some other systems to see if I can find a pattern.

  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,702

    OK, looks like the Toolmenu part for some reason fell out of the install.

    I attached a small zip here.
    Drop the content of that folder, a json file and a folder named Icons into /data/BWCTotte/C66TB4/Resources

    Run the C66TB Actions Setup again.  
    I'm so sorry for the inconvenience, I'll issue an update soon but QA is rather choked right now.

    / Totte

    zip
    zip
    into Resources.zip
    11K
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,935

    Not a problem. I knew that when you identified the issue a fix would come. All good.

    Thank you so much.

    Mary

  • Just used Frame2Pose for the first time, very nifty! I do have a couple of comments to make though...

    It correctly identified the location of My Library, and the directory within that to save poses: /People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses, but if you click the "Change Output Directory" button to pick a different one, the dialog starts from My Library instead of the currently idemtified output directory. I would think that many people (like me) would be using that button to create a subdirectory within Poses to put the new poses in. Having to navigate back down from My Library is a (minor) hassle.

    Also, it'd be super-great if there was some way you could get the script to have the option of creating thumbnails for each pose that it creates. No doubt it'd slow things down a lot, but it makes the poses a lot more useful if you can see them before applying them.

    Maybe toolbox volume 5 could have something where you set up a character in a scene, give it a list of poses to apply, and it poses-and-renders a thumbnail for each pose?

     

  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,702

    chris-2599934 said:

    Just used Frame2Pose for the first time, very nifty! I do have a couple of comments to make though...

    It correctly identified the location of My Library, and the directory within that to save poses: /People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses, but if you click the "Change Output Directory" button to pick a different one, the dialog starts from My Library instead of the currently idemtified output directory. I would think that many people (like me) would be using that button to create a subdirectory within Poses to put the new poses in. Having to navigate back down from My Library is a (minor) hassle.

    Also, it'd be super-great if there was some way you could get the script to have the option of creating thumbnails for each pose that it creates. No doubt it'd slow things down a lot, but it makes the poses a lot more useful if you can see them before applying them.

    Maybe toolbox volume 5 could have something where you set up a character in a scene, give it a list of poses to apply, and it poses-and-renders a thumbnail for each pose?

     

    I think the thumbnails issue is an issue with DS 4.22.0.1 (It works in 4.21 AFAIK). I have more scripts where thumbnail creation stopped working in 4.22.
    I can look at the other thing though with starting dirs, but I know many want to save the created poses in their own custom libraries.

  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,702
    edited November 2023

    chris-2599934 said:

    Just used Frame2Pose for the first time, very nifty! I do have a couple of comments to make though...

    It correctly identified the location of My Library, and the directory within that to save poses: /People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses, but if you click the "Change Output Directory" button to pick a different one, the dialog starts from My Library instead of the currently idemtified output directory. I would think that many people (like me) would be using that button to create a subdirectory within Poses to put the new poses in. Having to navigate back down from My Library is a (minor) hassle.

    Also, it'd be super-great if there was some way you could get the script to have the option of creating thumbnails for each pose that it creates. No doubt it'd slow things down a lot, but it makes the poses a lot more useful if you can see them before applying them.

    Maybe toolbox volume 5 could have something where you set up a character in a scene, give it a list of poses to apply, and it poses-and-renders a thumbnail for each pose?

     

    I gave it a deeper look and I might do some changes for the save, the icons are still a DS 4.22 issue. 

    Post edited by Totte on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,702

    Update submitted to work around the missing thumbnails issue with C66TB Frsme2Pose in DS 4.22 plus did some changes to directory handling.

  • Yay! Thanks Totte!

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,181
    edited December 2023

    Thanks. I got an update in DIM yesterday,

    Just need to test it.

     

    Post edited by Artini on
Sign In or Register to comment.