Viewport window size

JPayneJPayne Posts: 79

Is there a way that I'm not aware of that will allow the viewport window size in DS to render res such as 1500x1500? I know the window wouldn't fit in a standard 1920x1080 resolution monitor. Maybe it was Poser or Alias Studio that I could do that. You could scroll with the arrow keys without changing the camera position. It would be quite handy to have it when you only need to render a portion of the scene at full res.

Post edited by JPayne on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yes, but I'm in the middle of a render right now and can't give the exact steps...but it should be doing that if you have 'To new Window' selected in the render settings.

• JPayneJPayne Posts: 79

Just to be clear if I wasn't... Of course, I can render at 1500x1500 and have a render window pop at the correct resolution. What I'm looking for is the viewport window to be of that resolution so I can partially render a part of the scene at full res.

If you have the spot render selected and bring up the Tool Settings you have the option of switching the spot render to the new window...which will be the same size as set in the render settings.

• JPayneJPayne Posts: 79
    edited November 2015

Oh nice! I'll give it a go. Thanks mjc1016:) That is exactly what I was looking for thanks again.

Post edited by JPayne on

I needed to check to make sure...and can't check in the middle of a render. 

I just learned about doing it that way, myself, a few months ago.