Under the "File -> Save as" tab, what do "Character Preset" and "Properties Preset" save exactly?

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Under the "File -> Save as" tab, what do "Character Preset" and "Properties Preset" save exactly?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited August 2012

Character preset saves morphs and materials, so that you can rebuild a character. In the case of Genesis (and other TriAx figures) it will also load a copy of the base figure to apply those settings to if nothing is selected, and you can choose to have it load a new figure even if there is a current selection. So it's a cross between a literal preset and a figure file.

A properties preset includes everything in a Character Preset, and also the pose.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

What about saving characters with geografted elements? Is this done differently?

• A Wearables preset should save GeoGrafts.

A Wearables preset should save GeoGrafts.

To save the materials, morphs AND geografts, do I have to do a scene subset or is there another alternative?

• Well, a Character Preset can load geoGrafts (that's how the eyelashes load with Genesis 8) but as I recall itt akes a bit of set-up.

Well, a Character Preset can load geoGrafts (that's how the eyelashes load with Genesis 8) but as I recall itt akes a bit of set-up.

not somewthing easily accomplished, I take it? So, scene subset is my easiest bet, right? :)