Where are the morphs??

I finally got DIM and DSON to work (I think) and finally was able to open my first Genesis and Genesis2 figs.  I even found Mats for them in Materials or Pose.  But I can't see any way to inject morphs into them, like with the regular DAZ Poser figures (V4, M4, D3, S3, etc.).  So, while I can bend arms and legs on the figures, I can't even make them smile, open their mouths, make expressions, etc.

I'm pretty sure are the morphs are in the "data" folder, but since it's outside Runtime how do I access all the injectables??

How do you do it?    Thanks much for your help.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2015

There are no injectibles.  The morphs are already loading and will be found in the Parameters or Shaping tabs.

imageupload19.png
    311 x 489 - 15K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Thank you very much mjc1016!  

This has been frustrating me very much, but now I see it is because I haven't tried enough figures yet.  Up til now I have only opened "plain" G and G2 figures from the DAZ People Library... and they bare the ones that have few or no morphs.

See my pics:  I opened the main G2M figure ("Genesis 2 Base Male") and you can see that all you can do with its mouth is move the teeth (rather ridiculous since you can't see them in the closed mouth!).  Unless you know of a way to get some "life" into these DAZ People, they seem pretty useless, other than posing the arms and legs a bit.

HOWEVER, when I went to get the pics for you I tried another figure, located in Character>DAZ Genesis 2 Male>Characters.  I opened the "Alfred HD" character, and I discovered my missing morphs in him.  So thank you for waking me up to it!

I expected to find the best figures in the usual "DAZ People" folder so that's why I started there.  Well, now I can get back to Poser and try some different figures.  Many thanks.

G2M.jpg
    759 x 854 - 88K
    G2Ma.jpg
    232 x 856 - 40K
    G2Mb.jpg
    222 x 854 - 39K
    G2Mc.jpg
    220 x 858 - 44K
  • All versions of a figure should load with the same set of morphs, so if Alfred is working the G2M base should be. I don't know why one would fail to load morphs and not the other.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

Usually all of the morph dails are in the Body actor, including the expression morphs, although some expression morph packs end up in the Head (Sans Pokerface Expressions for Josie comes to mind)...

• I spoke too soon about finding morphs in the AlfredHD.  They seem to be gone again...

I opened Poser again and opened a new AlfredHD, and then immediately went to the Pose tab where I found Alfred Body and Head injections and Mats for it.  Then when I went to check the figure to see what morphs had been injected I found it had none, just like my pictures above of the G2 base.  Worse, the Head had absolutely nothing, aside from XYZ, bend & twist...  

Again, absolutely no way to make the figure's head smile, open mouth, blink, etc.

From what you all say, apparently the usual Poser-type morphs are supposed to be there.  I am glad to hear it because I was afraid that DAZ's Genesis stuff was going to be useless.  So now I have to figure out how to get those morphs into the figures.

Perhaps my overall setup is wrong.  I did not want all the Content filling up my "C:" drive because it is a small SSD.  So I set DIM* to download and install to my "E:/" drive (while just the POSERPRO.EXE program is on my "C:/" drive).  It "seemed" to work, except that the DAZ newer content doesn't work right (semi-morphless).

(My older DAZ content, like S3, M4, etc.work okay, but it is all in C:/Poser program.)

Well, please let me know if you can help.  I hope I don't have to put everything on C:/ but I will, if necessary. Thank you kindly for suggestions!

*I changed the default ("suggested") DIM download to "E:/eUsers-Poser/Public/Public Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads", and I changed the DIM installation to "E:\eUsers-Poser\Public\Public Documents\My DAZ 3D Library​".  Perhaps that's where the problem lies...

The expressions should be in the Body Actor under Pose Controls.

Instead of loading the Alfred injection pose, try loading a base Male, dialing Alfred under Actor> People>Real World to 1.0, and then load the Mats.

As an aside, I don't understand in this day and age why Artists don't put Poser Mats in the Materials Library, but that's another story...  wink

• knute-m_df3735ae4cknute-m_df3735ae4c Posts: 12
    edited November 2015

[Note: I put fig leaf (disks) on my pic in case it was needed for posting.  Hope it doesn't look too funny.]

I've just checked what G1 and G2 figures I received in the "Genesis and Genesis2 Starter Bundles" I received with my DAZ Install Manager (DIM).  There are 6 of them, shown in my pic (plus I added Michael4).  
    All 7 figures show default Bodies.  All 6 G1/G2 figures show default Mats.  
    The 2 G2 figs show default Heads because they contain no morphs.
    The 4 G1 figs show Heads with some morphs (silly smiles) to indicate that I did find several morphs in their Heads (but not bodies).
    All 6 G1 and G2 figs had almost no morphs in the Body, at least, very few I'd consider useful in sculpting a realistic human body.  (e.g.:  I saw "portly, skinny, a fat bodybuilder, hobgoblin head, alien head, fairy head, move mouth or eyes or nose up or down", etc.)

It looks to me like the Genesis (1,2,3) figures have very good potential because of the finer wireframe and bends of shoulders & hips.  BUT, I wonder if the Genesis figures themselves are actually for posing, or if you're just supposed to have them in your system so you can use the "Real" figures ( the ones that aren't free, like V6, M5, and all Named figures #5 and up).

(I notice that Victoria 6 says:  "Compatible Figures-Genesis 2 Female;  Required Products-Genesis 2 Starter Essentials".)

~WandW:  I don't have that "Alfred" character right now;  I was so frustrated with how things were going that I uninstalled everything with DIM, uninstalled DIM, and then re-installed DIM, DSON and just the Genesis & Genesis2 Starter Essentials for now.  I'll try out your good suggestion later when I re-install more stuff!

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity
    Post edited by fixmypcmike on

The base figures are quite usable, especially if one has the Evolution face and body morphs installed.  The named figures are different morphs of the base figures,  some with slightly different rigging and UVs.  The base figures are of course required to be installed, and the installed morphs and snapes can be dialed into the base figure; there is no need to inject them as in previous generations of DAZ figures...