Can I use DAZ content in Poser Pro Game Dev?

FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611
edited October 2015 in The Commons

I can't afford $500.00 for an indie game license for DAZ content use in Poser Pro Game Dev.

$500.00
http://www.daz3d.com/indie-game-developer-license

Do you think DAZ will let me just use what DAZ content I have now in my game, then pay the $500.00 when I release the game and make some money?

Post edited by Flortale on

Comments

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

Most Victoria 4.2 stuff should be useable in Poser Pro Game Dev without any problems. Victoria 4 was originally developed for Poser. It's only Genesis that you are likely to have problems with, and some of the newer sets that have been develped for Daz Studio only.

But if you want to use it in a game that you are going to distribute that is a licencing issue not a technical one. Some PAs sell game developer licences for their stuff, I don' t know what the position is on Daz's older stuff.

• FlortaleFlortale Posts: 611
    edited October 2015
    Chohole said:

$500.00

Do you think DAZ would let me use the content, release the game then let me pay them when I actually make some money? I'm broke.

Post edited by Flortale on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It makes no difference how old the content is. If it is DAZ 3D content then it needs the Daz 3D Game dev license, if it is PA content then it needs a game dev license from the individual PA, if they are one of those who do have a game dev license. If they don't have a game dev license available that is because they do not wnat their products used in games.

Chohole said:

It makes no difference how old the content is. If it is DAZ 3D content then it needs the Daz 3D Game dev license, if it is PA content then it needs a game dev license from the individual PA, if they are one of those who do have a game dev license. If they don't have a game dev license available that is because they do not wnat their products used in games.

What is PA content?

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Anyone selling on Daz that is not a Daz employee is a PA (Stonemason, Rawart, Deviney for example are PAs)

On the product page, it has a spot that says "Vendor: " under the name of the item, if it says Daz3D or Daz Original, then it's a Daz product, if it lists a vendor's name, then it's a PA item.

Anyone selling on Daz that is not a Daz employee is a PA (Stonemason, Rawart, Deviney for example are PAs)

On the product page, it has a spot that says "Vendor: " under the name of the item, if it says Daz3D or Daz Original, then it's a Daz product, if it lists a vendor's name, then it's a PA item.

Good Clarification.