Older Poser

Hi...

I was just wondering if there were any older verions of Poser to download?

Thanks

Comments

• Only Smith Micro can legitimately supply Poser, you would need to ask them if you have something that requires an older release to work.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

What version? One can still find new boxed copies of Poser 8 and 9, and older boxed versions can be had on eBay, but SM only lists the current version in their store.

Is there a particular reason you need an older version?

• My problem is I only have OpenGL 1.0/1,1.... Though some diagnostics say 2.0? But I cannot access DAZ, so I think it's the lower one.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Nothing, except proper Windows drivers is going to help.  OpenGL 1.1 is from 1997.  It is the most basic form of OpenGL that is able to be called OpenGL.  It has nothing to do with which version of Studio or Poser and everything to do with your computer and Windows.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

What Computer are you using, what are it's specs. And what video card do you have on board?

• Am on a Toshiba Notebook Intel Atom CPU N455 processor, Drver version 8.15.2697 WHQL/Win 10, Intel GMA 3150 graphics.

The reason I am on this, is my Desktop fied itself! Lost all my Bryce, Poser, etc.

edited October 2015

Intergrated graphics are the pits. There doesn't appear to be an easily findable win 10 driver for that card.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It doesn't apper that Intel has made a Win10 driver for that chipset and it is doubtful that they will...

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

Rendering is going to be dog slow on a that processor, too.  Save your cash for a new machine...

• Mark C HollowayMark C Holloway Posts: 141
    edited November 2015

I still have the boxed version of Poser Artist, Think that was version 4. If they do not care and you can ask them. I will give it to you. I still have the box it came in somewhere. Think that version would work on your machine.

Post edited by Mark C Holloway on
  • Mark C HollowayMark C Holloway Posts: 141
    edited November 2015

Also wanted to add, I still have the Boxed version of Bryce before it was owned by Daz. This version was made by Corel but I think when Daz purchased Bryce, they purchased the copyrights to this version as well. At lease that is how I think it works.

Post edited by Mark C Holloway on

Yes that is how it works.  So SM brought the complete rights to Poser, older versions included and DAZ 3D did the same with Bryce.  In fact ownership of the previous versions of both these apps sparked an upgrade discount on the price of the next versions of them, regardless of the change of ownership. So the older version you have is not redistributable.

• Chohole said:

TYes that is how it works.  So SM brought the complete rights to Poser, older versions included and DAZ 3D did the same with Bryce.  In fact ownership of the previous versions of both these apps sparked an upgrade discount on the price of the next versions of them, regardless of the change of ownership. So the older version you have is not redistributable.

That is what I thought. I just thought that if Tony contacted SM amd asked for permission they might let him take ownership. I do not want any money for it and I have no use for it but I just hate to throw away classic software. The version is so old that they may not care. As far as this Bryce goes, I was not trying to give that away. Dont think that would work in his machine anyway. Who knows, would not hurt to ask.