Genesis 3 Invisible Legs

Hi.

I've noticed something weird with Genesis 3. When I load a pair of pants to the figure, the legs and part of the hips become invisible.

Why is this happening and is there a way to restore the visibility?

Comments

• Are the pants meant to cover the legs? If so, some items use GeoGrafting to hide the unneeded parts - it makes fitting easier, and allows for snug-fitting clothes to apparently adjust the shape of soft tissue (as might well happen with skin-tight jeans over shins and thigh, for instance) but it does have the disadvantage that transparency can't be used to add rips or adjust length. If the missing parts project beyond the clothes check that motion blur isn't on for your camera, that can sometimes have odd effects.

• Yeah, that seems to be the case.

So, is there a way to get rid of that GeoGrafting crap?

• Not easily, as far as I know.

• Shame. I'll try to avoid products that use it then.

Thanks.

• While, as far as I know, there isn't a way to temporarily suspend GeoGrafting it is possible to reduce the extent of the hidden polygons -it just isn't immediately obvious that it works.

Load the wearer and use the Geometry Editor tool to seelct a polygon you don't mind hiding (there has to be at least one polygon in the AutoHide group for this).

Load and fit the GeoGraft item

Right-click in the Viewport and select Polygon Assignment>Set Auto Hide Faces for Fitted Figure...

Select the GeoGraft from the list of items.

Now, the bit we were missing in our previous attempts, fit the GeoGraft to None, then fit it back to the wearer - that should update the display, with all but the single selected polygon once again visible.

• That worked.
    It's kind of annoying that everytime I save and then re-open the scene, I must repeat the process. But it's much better than nothing.
    Much appreciated, mate.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Just to make  it easy ,  serch the  item. dsf (not duf) in data, , and copy and save as different name for buck up.

then open original.dsf  by text editor, serch the section "graft" , delete the "graft" section only.  and overwrite it.

now it turn usuall figure without geo grafted face.

If  it can not work for you, just re-name again, the buck up copy. 

graft.PNG
    899 x 510 - 27K
  • Just tried the process described by kitakoredaz and it works like a charm. Thanks. 

• plmadplmad Posts: 15

Just to make  it easy ,  serch the  item. dsf (not duf) in data, , and copy and save as different name for buck up.

then open original.dsf  by text editor, serch the section "graft" , delete the "graft" section only.  and overwrite it.

Works fine. Thanks a lot!

• Hi guys,

I've been trying the DSF edit method, but in one of my items the DSF seems to be "encoded" or something, no readable characters appear... Impossible to edit or find the "graft" part. Any tips?

Thx!

• Hi guys,

I've been trying the DSF edit method, but in one of my items the DSF seems to be "encoded" or something, no readable characters appear... Impossible to edit or find the "graft" part. Any tips?

Thx!

It's probably just compressed - you can uncompress it with the Batch Convert pane in DS, or using an archive utility (I usually use 7Zip).

• That did it, thanks!! :)

• winmathwinmath Posts: 131

Thanks, That solved my issue.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Bit of a necro... encountered this problem.  Richard's Auto Hide Faces solution works but it doesn't appear to be serialised with the save (in 4.15 Pro Beta), i.e. whenever the scene is loaded back in you have to go through that process again.  Editing the .dsf seems to do the trick.