MI Modern Military Combat Uniform for Genesis 9

Am I to understand that this product has only the one texture? 

https://www.daz3d.com/mi-modern-military-combat-uniform-for-genesis-9

It looks to have a great map for all the different parts, something many don't do, and there's a seperate product for G8 and G8.1, which is understandable and I don't really use G9. I'm just surprised there's only one texture set for that price. There is a texture addon, for the same price as the product. So basicallly this product, in the end, is going to cost $50

This smacks a lot of what's been done with the Characters, which you buy a morph with a minimum of textures, but the makeup and such is a different product to buy.

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,546

its a beautiful set though, but I agree its steep. I'll  buy the G8 stuff at some point, but not this month for sure. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,334

Very few promo images would like to see how it behaves in different poses, with so little shown it kinda feels like something is being hidden - maybe it doesn't perform very well when the figure is posed.

You can buy an add on for other texture.

https://www.daz3d.com/mi-modern-military-combat-uniform-texture-addon

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,652

The textures are here https://www.daz3d.com/mi-modern-military-combat-uniform-texture-addon

It is an interesting structure how this one is broken up and I like that the individual packages are broken up for G8 and G9 since I no longer purchase anything for G8, but if I want all parts I can't get the bundle  since it has G8 items in it and I don't want to pay for those.Would have made more sense to me to have a complete uniform package for G9 and G8 and then bundle them both together.

This couldn't have come at a worse time for me. just ordered a new PC, so that is $2500 out of my account which means I can't spend on fun stuff for awhile.

• CricketCricket Posts: 438

I'm probably going to buy the suit and accessories for G8 at some point, but it seems the helmet accessory is only for G9? I wonder if that's an error and it should work for G8 like the harness/bet accessory add-on.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,322

There are a fair few promo images in the bundle, but odd there is just one promo for each of the individual products.

For a product of this quality you would have thought a number of promo images would have made sense.

• savagestugsavagestug Posts: 149
    edited August 2023

I can't speak to the G8 version, but the G9 version distorts badly in the crotch and inner legs in any pose that deviates from a mainly standing pose. PA is going to look at the issue

Post edited by savagestug on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,389

Yes the lack of promo images is something, I didn't think of that, and when looking at the object image you see the detail of the texture, and I really like the uvmap where everything is seperated and makes it so much easier to use any shader on it. I'm just concerned about the fact it only comes with one texture and you have to pay extra to get the rest of them, which makes this product out of my reach. That's a shame cause it really is nice, and not just as military clothes.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088

Looks like another great job by @Mal3Imagery.  Love that the promos show plenty of separate material zones for the pockets, etc.  Makes it so much easier to kitbash.  The bundle price is steep (ouch), so a tough decision.  Do I settle for just one figure version now, or do I hold off, put the bundle in my wishlist, and hope for another sale when the bundle would be a better fit for my budget?  One way or another, I will be a customer eventually.  Two enthusiastic thumbs up.  yesyes

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,280
    edited August 2023
    I think the price for uniform alone is well worth it, especially compared to other clothes in the store. The separate mat zones make it easy to use your own shaders if you want something other than the default. I appreciate there being additional mats available for purchase.
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,792
    edited August 2023

Wow.  Just when you thought DAZ pricing had reached a new level of over-inflated, we get something that a few years ago would have been packaged as a single product for around $30, broken down into multiple components and slapped with a $144 price tag.  Absolutely no interest in buying in on this at that price, though with the DAZ's marketing team's inability to keep anything from going on sale for 70% off these days, I might pick it up when the whole thing goes on sale for under $30... in about three months.  

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,569
    edited August 2023

This is a very nice set of male clothing.  For all those people who are constantly clamouring for more male content,  support the PAs that provides it. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on

This is a very nice set of male clothing.  For all those people who are constantly clamouring for more male content,  support the PA that provides it. 

Exactly. A lot goes into making realistic looking men's clothing.
  • scorpio said:

Very few promo images would like to see how it behaves in different poses, with so little shown it kinda feels like something is being hidden - maybe it doesn't perform very well when the figure is posed.

Hello, I forgot to include a render with multiple poses when submitting.  I will update the individual products with the promos so customers like yourself can see it in a varitery of action poses.  Here's a quick render of multiple poses.

Thanks!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,787

This apparently took months to finish, and base prices now must be inflated to ensure that tokens and other discounts don't eat up a PA's initial income on a new product, which is often the bulk of what they receive off an item.

edited August 2023

mal3Imagery said:

scorpio said:

Hello, I forgot to include a render with multiple poses when submitting.  I will update the individual products with the promos so customers like yourself can see it in a varitery of action poses.  Here's a quick render of multiple poses.

Thanks!

Thanks for the pose image, for a soldier it's quite flexable. Wish I could afford the whole package but sadly, when the time comes, can only afford the base item, which is fine, when it goes on sale again, cause of all the material zones, so thanks for that. Also thanks for making one for G8 which is my preference.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • savagestugsavagestug Posts: 149

Head on over to Turbosquid and see how far $100 gets you

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,546

wurger said:

Head on over to Turbosquid and see how far $100 gets you

laugh yeah. maybe a chair model or similar 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,412
    Why is the flag patch backwards on his right arm? Or isn't it a flag at all?
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,808
    edited August 2023

barbult said:

thats not backwwards...that is proper....uniform flags are set to look like they are blowing backwards from the front

Post edited by RawArt on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,410

barbult said:

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,412
    Oh, wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the education. I've never been in the military or had military family.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,862

As a retired Master Sergeant and someone who routinely goes onto a multi-national, joint services base for medical and shopping, this uniform is highly accurate and realistic. And as a woman, I had to wear the male battle dress uniform (BDU) as standard from its inception. It is only now, in 2023 that the United States military is looking into designing a femal version of the BDU to fit our physiology and for maternity wear as well, beyond maternity pants. 

The bundle, if you are using both generations of characters is worth every penny.

Mary

• ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 551

The amount of work invested in creating this in this level of quality is insane. In my opinion a purchase is worth every single penny.

I just love how sweet some are about guilt tripping people when the price comes into question. It's just so heart warming and can magically put money in peoples wallets so they can buy the product at full price.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,862

Not guilt tripping, justifying my expense to myself. For others who are stronger and can control thyself, wishlist and wait for the deep sales where you can hope the bundle will show up. 

But, I want you to think about the number of (xxxx) bundles we have been offered with prices that have shocked us, and duplicate so much in our runtimes, yet give us so little quality and what we have been begging for: male and female real military (or even real clothes you see on the streets), for today's military, not Vietnam era, not sometime in the future, not with 'shoot-me here' cut-outs for the women, or other sexulized crap.

If military renders is not your thing, not a problem, skip it. Appreciate the quality and dedication the PA put into his work for us.

While I may not buy every bundle out there, skipped the recent DO 9, I looked it over and thought it was pretty nice. Just not my thing. And I have a massive amount of Egyptian stuff in my runtime. Did wishlist what I liked in the environments. 

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,341
    edited August 2023

When I first saw Mira 9 I glanced right over her, then when I took another look I thought, eh, why not. Now I am really liking her a lot and since I was still working with her, decided to have her toss on her battle rattle.  Kudos to @mal3Imagery for the AMAZING MI Modern Military Combat Uniform Bundle

Post edited by Gogger on

Faeryl Womyn said:

I just love how sweet some are about guilt tripping people when the price comes into question. It's just so heart warming and can magically put money in peoples wallets so they can buy the product at full price.

If I had magic powers, I'd use them to impress upon people the difference between "I can't afford this" and "This is too expensive for what it is."

Timbales said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

If I had magic powers, I'd use them to impress upon people the difference between "I can't afford this" and "This is too expensive for what it is."

Anyone can say they can't afford something is one thing, whether or not something is expensive is going to be different for each person based on their own financial situation. What's expensive to me will be ok or even cheap to someone else with a higher income.

Also I am well aware of how much work can go into making things, I'm a beginner modeller myself. There is no arguement this product is very good quality. Was surprised to see a fabric texture was built into the mesh, or so it appears, so all you need is a color or pattern. Not really sure.

• I'm impressed with it. But as it's not my thing, I shan't be purchasing - in the 1970's we lived in army quarters in W Germany at 48 hrs notice of war for years, not something I want to be reminded of too much. I do like it that the cloth looks and hangs right. Would have half expected a DPM option, but with northern Europe being [hopefully] a less likely battleground than 40 years ago, maybe it's less common. Regards, Richard.