Cant find Whisper’ outfit for Aiko by Bobbie25 Anywhere please help

owner_518aee5d6fowner_518aee5d6f Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Whisper' outfit for Aiko by Bobbie25

The text file in my texture folder said it was free at daz but I can not find it??

I have been up and down this page
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/636/
and it says it is there but i can not see it??

Post edited by owner_518aee5d6f on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't think the free stuff area is available yet, since the move to the new site, sorry.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

It used to be available at free.daz3d.com/free_weekly/detail.php?free_id=226 - note the emphasis on "used to be." As far as I know, it isn't currently available anywhere.

If it does become legally-available again, I'm sure the folks at DAZ3D will let us know...

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,216
    edited December 1969

You could try the Artist through her account at Renderosity, maybe she will give you the outfit.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1058750&user_id=16174&page=2&member;&np;

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

Why bother using her renderosity account, Bobbie25 is a PA here, http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bobbie25 A PM sent to Bobbie25 here will reach her, and the item is in the Daz3D freebie archive after all.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • owner_518aee5d6fowner_518aee5d6f Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OK I really am not a blonde !
    I have clicked the link to Bobbie25 and searched all over for somewhere to PM her. But I can not find that either!
    Am I missing something?

edited August 2012

Click Pricate Message next to the little box top left of the forum screen and then enter Bobbie25 in the to field. Or search the member list and PM from her profile.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Sent Bobbie a message but haven't heard back

In the A3 listing in the freepository
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/636/

it says

Spellweavers (for Whisper (listed above) and Flutterby Wings (listed below))
    http://sharecg.com/v/17351/

and it is not there. If someone has it could you possibly zip it and email attach it to me PLEASE!!

edited December 1969

That would be illegal, sorry. No one can email you the file. Tne only person who can distribute the file apart from DAZ 3D is the PA who created it in the first place, which is Bobbie 25.

edited September 2012

I realize you are the admin here and at the risk of upsetting you I have to tell you it is not illegal to get a copy from someone
    Maybe artists need to know this as to make a more informed decision about offering FREE STUFF.

When a copyright owner of a product places the item in a public setting with the intent that it be allowed for download and/or use by the general public free of charge It loses some of its protection under copyright law.

The only legality still attached to the product is the creators terms of USE. IE personal or commercial not re-selling or placing up for download on thir site etc.

But asking someone who has it for a copy does not violate any copyright .

If the owner decides it is no longer available to the public a notice must replace any/all notices where it was listed.

Then it would be illegal for me to ask for a copy.

(I have worked in law for better than 20 years. if you are doubtful of this information I encourage you to seek a second opinion.)

Post edited by owner_518aee5d6f on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

RYPWyld said:

If the owner decides it is no longer available to the public a notice must replace any/all notices where it was listed.

ESPECIALLY on their own site.

edited December 1969

RYPWyld

I suggest that you have a look at DAZ 3D EULA, a copy of which is included in every installer, it is the part you tick to agree to before you can run the installer. https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/123876

The product that you are talking about was from the DAZ 3D site, and is subject to this EULA, whether it was a free item or not.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

RYPWyld: I would be interested to know the source of your interpretation as it is contrary to all the other advice I have seen relating to copyright. It is also, as Cho notes, in this case flatly contrary to the EULA.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

And, somewhat belatedly, moved to the Commons as it's a search for, not an offer of, a freebie.

edited December 1969

First let me stress the fact that I did not want nor intend to start a debate over this subject
    nor do I desire one now. However I will address the questions/comments as they are valid then I
    ask that we consider this issue closed. If anyone would like to address it further please PM me.

@chohole
    I am VERY familiar with the Daz Installer Terms and adhere to them without question.
    For the record. It has been my experience that, when an item comes up for free download by the copyright
    owner/artist, it is no longer in a Daz installer. MOST are in folders in a zip file and have only the
    copyright owners terms of use included. Since I do not have the item I can not say what is included or what
    those terms are. But I can say that MOST items I have aquired from the Daz Freepository are as stated above.

@Richard Haseltine
    My statement is based on court rulings in cases I have worked on. When the "item" has been offered for
    free whether by download or physical copy BY THE COPYRIGHTED OWNER the court has ruled for them
    when their "product" has been placed on a website or in stores as this strictly violates "Distribution" restraints.
    But in cases where someone gave the "item" to another, and there was no show of intent to "Distribute" the
    item in quantity, the court ruled against the owner.

Since it has been more than a few years since I did legal preparation I did some searching, for case law more
    recent, to see if the courts opinions had changed but as yet have not found any New case law listed on the subject.

• edited December 1969

Whisper comes in an installer, and includes the usual DAZ EULA, which includes the following

User does not have the right to provide the 3-D Model(s) to others in any form or on any media.