Gen 3 Pubic Hair

pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
edited August 2012 in Poser Discussion

The Gen 3 characters have a Pubic Hair Material zone. I have a texture for it that applies correctly as far as I know. Unfortunately, the entire material zone is inside the skinhip material zone. If I make Skinhip transparent, I can see the texture. I recall that I did something in the past with a solid grey displacement map to make it visible.

What is the correct way to do this?

UPDATE

OK, part one of the solution: The MATs work fine on V3. The Pubichair mat zone is outside the shin hip zone on V3. On A3 & H3 it is inside.

Post edited by pwiecek on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

That was a design decision - the geometry had to stay to keep morph compatibility, but it was moved in so that it was out of sight. I think people did make morphs to pull it out again, or you may be able to make your own morph - just select by material and translate the geometry out (indeed, within Poser itsefl you could use the Group editor to create a new group on each bone from the material, then apply a magnet and restrict it to the hair groups, which you could then use to pull the mesh out).

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited August 2012

Thanks.

More likely I'll use the transparencies to make decals on the skinhip mat zone.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

That was a design decision - the geometry had to stay to keep morph compatibility, but it was moved in so that it was out of sight. I think people did make morphs to pull it out again, or you may be able to make your own morph - just select by material and translate the geometry out (indeed, within Poser itsefl you could use the Group editor to create a new group on each bone from the material, then apply a magnet and restrict it to the hair groups, which you could then use to pull the mesh out).

Dyald's Jacqueline has such a morph, but I don't recall if it can be used independently of the Jacqueline morph; it's been ages since I've used it....

http://www.sharecg.com/v/20897