Shiny metal texture trick??? Like the Assembly room view??

Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
edited July 2023 in Carrara Discussion

Hello all.

I do very simple technical animations. So I have few objects in  a small scene with a solid background. Lets say a closeup of a headphone jack. Thats it.

So there is nothing in the scene for the  metal to "interact with" nothing to reflect etc. Only one or two lights. So it's difficult under these circumstances for the metal to look decent.

In the animation room the the metal looks ok, not great it looks like metal . Any way to trick Carrara to render a image with metal that gives it the aproximate look that it has in the Assembly room?

I'm not reffering to the "instant Render in the assembly room, that matches my render. It just the way metal looks in the render room as you are working.

Just Found HDR geez that helps, 

Thanks

Brad

Post edited by Box8068_31c338ee4b on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

I would either put an HDR in the scene atmosphere tab or an image in the scene background tab.  Either will give a 360 degree image for the metal to reflect.  If you don't want the atmosphere or the background to appear, you can put a solid color (or an image) in the scene backdrop tab.

I am curious what additional suggestions others might have.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,812

@diomede is the best way yes

• Diomede

Thank you Works quite well! Thank you. Good to see you here after all these years!

Can one make a HDR is it just an image?

Thanks Again

Brad

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,812

you can get some great ones at this website HDRIs • Poly Haven

or just use a jpg image or colour .. you can choose in the dropdown in the Background tab cool

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,754

Possibly the same HDRIs on this website - https://hdri-haven.com/

• Thanks guys great tips!

B